~ Chapter 9 ~ On Our First Date

"So where were you the past half hour?" He asked angrily.

"I was busy. I don't come at your beck and call Adonis." I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"What's up with you? You're glowing but you seem bitter, is there something wrong?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Nothing's wrong Adonis. Why'd you force me here?" I looked around the woods.

"Do you know what today is?" He smiled. I shook my head and he frowned. "Today's my birthday. How could you forget?"

"You never told me your birthday." I said in a duh tone.

"Well I'm telling you now. Today's my birthday and I have something important to tell you." He sat down in the ground. "Sit." He patted in front if him.

"What?" I sat in front of him.

"You know how I never told you about me and Jordan's parents and how they just disappeared all of a sudden?" He played with the dead leaves.

"Yeah I remember." I moved my hair way from my face as it blew in the wind.

"Well four years ago tonight they got into a car accident. It wasn't as serious as it was at the start. Then my mom had surgery. It didn't go to well. She lost a lot of blood and by the time they had found the right blood type she was dead." He kept his gaze on the leaf. "No one really knows how my dad died. He was alive one minute the next he wasn't. When I got home that night I got a call saying they were dead."

"Oh my-"

"I knew then that I was stuck there. I couldn't leave Jordan and I couldn't tell him what happened either." He looked up at me.

"He's fourteen Adonis. How did you manage to keep it from him this long?"

"I can't, I couldn't, I'm not able too. That's why I asked Jason to take him to New York with him. If he would've stayed with me he would've asked and then I wouldn't have the heart to tell him. He deserves to know though." His eyes held sadness.

"He does."

"That's why I called you here. I wanted you here with me when I called him." He took my hand it instantly became warm.

"O-ok." I nodded my head. He let go of my hand and patted the open space between his crossed legs.

"No I'm fine." I shook my head.

"Alaska." He said darkly while giving me that mischievous look in his eyes. I quickly crawled into his lap and he smiled. "Good girl." He kissed the top of my head and held my hand.

He then scrolled through his contacts and FaceTimed Jordan. Me and Adonis showed up on the screen. To be honest we looked like we were a couple again. He was sniffing my hair like he usually did when I was against him and I was leaned into him comfortable playing with his free hand.

Soon the screen minimized and displayed a picture of Jordan. He looked so different. His brown hair had grew out and he looked older. He was no longer that baby faced kid I knew four years ago. I couldn't believe my eyes actually. He was wearing a football jersey and shoulder pads.

"Hey guys." Jordan smiled. Even his voice had gotten a little lower.

"Hey Jor." I smiled.

"Hey baby brother." Adonis said excitedly behind me. Jordan looked confused.

"Baby brother what do you mean-"

"I lied to you bro." Things started to get dense. "I'm not your uncle I'm actually you're older brother."