~ Chapter 18 ~ Congratulations

I stretched slightly and my eyes opened. Adonis was staring at me with the widest grin on his face. I screamed slightly and scooted away. That ended with me rolling over and face planting with my floor.

"You snore in your sleep." He leaned over my bed.

"No I don't!" I looked up and pushed my hair out my face. The carpet felt rough against my bare body.

"Well not all the time but tonight you did. It was cute and quiet. Your nose twitched slightly." He stood up and I sat up. He stretched and his manhood dangled slightly erect in my face.

I gulped and scooted away. He chuckled and looked down at me, or maybe he was looking at his other friend.

"I'm about to take a shower." He walked towards me, which was towards the bathroom.

I squeaked and shot up an dashed to the bed and jumped inside it. He turned around and looked at me.

"What's up with you?" He raised his brow.

"Nothing." I shook my head and held my blanket to my chest. "G-go to your shower." I shooed him away.

He shrugged it off and went into the bathroom. I reached over and grabbed my phone on the charger. I pressed the home button and displayed across the screen read:

MN Bloody gift

What scared me the most was there was no cramps, and no blood.

"Where the heck is it Alaska?" He tossed shoes out my closet.

"How am I supposed to know. You're the one who took it off and chucked it like it meant absolutely nothing." I tucked my hair behind my ear and crossed my arms.

"It doesn't mean anything to me, but it means the world to Laura. If I don't go home with it on she's going to flip." He stood up and looked at me. His sweat pants hanging low on his waist exposing a sliver of his boxers and the dip of his V. His chest was on full display.

"Then you shouldn't have flung it. Setting it on my nightstand would've been more affective." I sat on my bed.

To be honest I don't care if he ever found his wedding band. My main priority was getting my period. Today was the day I was supposed to have it but it did not come.

Maybe it'll come later today.

I sure hope it did.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I was staring in the eyes of Adonis. I was on my back and he had his arms over my head and his legs on each side of me.

"W-what are you doing?" I gulped.

"Retracing my steps." He looked up at his hand as he repeated the steps he did last night. When he flung the invisible ring he looked to his left.

He then got off me and went over towards the wall. He searched the area until he jumped off the floor and slid the ring back on his finger and flexed his hand.

"You putrid thing." He mumbled to his hand.

"Your phones ringing." I stood up and walked away from his phone.

He went to answer it. I went in the front and out food and water in Kleo's bowls. I leaned over the sink and balled my fist against the sides of it.

"I have to go." He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my shoulder.

"So early." I huffed. He sighed and his warm breath tickled my skin.

"Yeah I'm going on a wild goose chase today. You can come with you know?" He pulled me closer to him.

I shook my head and turned around. "I-I can't. I missed work yesterday. I have to go today. But have fun though." I stood on my tip toes and kissed him. I quickly moved away before he had a chance to react.

"You ok?" He looked at me curiously.

"Yeah don't wanna waste any time." I forced a smile. Thankfully he didn't notice.

"Congratulations Ms. Daniels." Dr.Phillips smiled at me.

"Lucky me." I said breathless.

"You ok." Jasmine touched my shoulder and I jumped. I looked her head and shook my head.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." I lied.

"You've been washing that table for the longest." She took the rag from me. "Maybe you should go home. It's getting late anyway."

"No," I shook my head. "Marcy is still here." I jabbed my thumb towards her. "I told her auntI'd take her to her moms."

"Then go." She shooed me away. "I'll handle it from here." She smiled.

"You sure?" I grabbed my jacket and Marcy stood up from the chair.

"Positive." She gave me an assuring hug.

I knocked on Bethany's door with Marcy at my side. Her husband Robert snatched the door open with a panic stricken look on his face.

"Rob is every-"

"Beth just went into labor." She opened the door for us to step in as he went back to tending to his wife.

My eyes widened as we stepped through. Where Beth was standing there was a big wet spot in the carpet. Marcy disappeared into the back. I flinched at how loud Bethany's scream was.

Robert grabbed his keys and their jackets. I helped him walk Beth to the car. Marcy came waddling out the house with a suitcase two times her size. When Beth was in the car Robert took the suitcase from Marcy and put it in the back seat of the car.

"Could you watch Marcy for the night ." He stood in front of me.

"Yeah sure." I was still in shock.

"Thanks." He hugged me. He then bent down to Marcy's level. "You're going to go with Alaska ok sweetheart."

"Ok daddy. Will mommy be ok?" She looked slightly saddened.

"Mommy will be fine. Daddy just has to get her to the hospital ok?" Marcy nodded her head and gave her dad a hug.

We then headed to my car. We sang along to the radio as we drove back to my house. I got an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I swallowed the bile that threatened to slither up my throat.

"You're not allergic to cats are you Marcy?" I looked in the rearview mirror as I parked the car.

"No I love cats. Do you have a cat?!" She chirped excitedly.

"Yes I do." I gagged slightly feeling it make it's way back up.

It didn't stay down for long. Right when I opened the door to the car I leaned over and threw up on the ground.

I smiled as Marcy played with Kleo. I got hourly text about what was going on with the labor from Robert. In a few more hours she should be ready to push.

"She is so pretty. When did you get her?" She looked up at me.

"I had her for four years and she was a gift from a friend." I smiled.

"Was it uncle Adonis?" She stroked kleo.

"Why'd you think that?" I felt my heart quicken.

"He tells me stories about a girl with blonde hair and green eyes and boy with black hair and black eyes. He tells me how in love they were and how the boy had got the girl a cat for Christmas and the way I pictured it is how Kleo looks." She looked down at Kleo.

I smiled. Even though I wasn't thrilled about Adonis telling his wife's niece stories about us I find it cute.

"And I picture the characters as you two. Since they resemble you guys a lot." She shrugged. "It might just be my imagination."

"You're not wrong." I slid onto the floor. "Your uncle did give me Kleo." I smiled. "It was the best Christmas present ever."

"Really?!" She looked at me get eyes twinkling in excitement. She sat on her knees and faced me.

I nodded my head.

"I have so many questions to ask you! Why did you guys break up? In the stories he makes it seem like you two were inseparable. What happened?"

"You have to promise to keep this between the two of us."

"I pinky promise." She held out her pinky. We wrapped our pinkies together. "So what happened?"

I told her. I told her about Shug, how I was her and ended up hurting him. How he left and ended up marrying Laura. I also answered any other questions she had about me and Adonis.

Things like what we did, our feelings for each other, how old we were, how we first met, and other things a little girl thinks about.

"Now you can't tell anyone what I just told you ok. Not mommy, not daddy, not auntie Laura or uncle Adonis." I threw him in there because he didn't want anyone to know about his past.

"I won't I promise. Honestly I like you and Adonis together better than I do him and auntie Laura." She yawned.

"Let's get you to bed. You've stayed up way past your bed time." I stood up and we went to my guest room. I tucked her in and she instantly fell asleep.

I took a nice hot shower. Events of today raced through my mind. The worst of it was I ended up throwing up in the shower.

__________

Short I know just a filler, but also important to the story. Now that I've posted this there will be a slight pause for this weekend. I need to be devoted into practicing my lines. I have a terrible memory.

Comment. Fan. Vote.
Live. Laugh. Love.

~Dejah