~ Chapter 20 ~ Punched Me In My Pride

"Oh my gosh Jay!" I tackled him to the ground.

"Careful." Adonis warned.

"W-what are you doing here?" I smiled at my brother.

"I was in town. My sisters are pregnant so you know came to cut up some dìcks, whoop some twins. Same old same old." Even though he was smiling I scampered over to Adonis.

"I'm kidding." He sat up and placed his hands on his knees. "So fùcking a married man sis? I give you props but," he added. "that's low."

"I know and I feel horrible. It's all his fault."

"What did I do?" Adonis asked in disbelief.

"No you!" I looked up at him. "Him!" I punched him in the penis and he dropped down to his knees cupping himself in his hands.

"That had to hurt." Jason winced.

"It did." Adonis's voice was strained. "Next time warn me." He face planted with the grass and rolled on to his side.

"So I have good news." Jason smiled.

"What's that?"

"Me and Jordan are moving into Adonis's old house. We miss home." He smiled.

"Oh my gosh!" I shouted. I wondered why we were in his old house front yard.

"Word on the street is you two are moving into our old house. Is it true?" He raised his brow.

"What?!" I looked at Adonis.

"I was going to tell you but you punched me in my pride." He forced out with his eyes shut tight. He was still holding himself. "Fùck!" He shouted out in pain.

"Aww I'm sorry." I leaned over and kissed him on his cheek. "But when were we going to do this? Laura is going to notice when you never go home."

"You haven't told her man!" Jason glared at me.

"Tell me what?" I look between the two.

"I'm Adonis's lawyer - attorney, barrister, advocate, whatever you want to call it - so I'm in charge of any documents he needs taken care off."

"What are you getting at Jason?" His words were confusing me.

"Anyway we are in the process of filing divorce papers. Yeah that little cute act Laura is trying to put on, acting like everything's fine, it's fake." A smile spread across his face.

"And how long as this been going on?" There was this weird feeling swirling in my stomach.

"For almost a year." Jason said unsure. "Give or take a few days."

"What do you mean a year?" I was now confused.

"I'm guessing he didn't tell you the story." Jason sighed and I shook my head. "This should be coming from him but he's obviously in pain. Laura's real name in Angeline Suarez. She moved here from Spain a 7 years ago. She managed to stay under the radar for a 3 years but then the census rolled around. She wasn't a U.S citizen. 2 years later she ran into Adonis. They got hitched so she could stay in America. They had to play it off for a year and now here we are. She's just playing hard to get. She's dead set on not divorcing Adonis." Jason fixed the sleeves of his shirt.

"So you two were never really married?!" I looked back at Adonis. He shook his head.

"She's trying to get him to get her pregnant so he can't leave her." He ran his fingers through his blond hair. "But we've been sabotaging her chances."