ELEVEN (ROB)

ROB'S POV

I sighed and rubbed my hands over my freshly bruised face, wincing slightly. Right after the fight had died down, Melanie was taken to the hospital for a broken arm and concussion. We had all come, the kids skipping the rest of the school day. Kalin was there too, unfortunately. He said he felt "really bad" and "wanted to come and see Mel". The tension in the room was so thick man, i couldn't explain to you how mad our parents were. All the anger was mainly directed at Kalin but he was too dense to notice.

Tía Carmen (Melanie's mom) spoke up first. (We all called her aunt because of our closeness) "Talk. Now." She is a no-nonsense mother and skilled lawyer. If one of us didn't speak now, she would get it out of us eventually. Everyone was silent. Milo and Mylee looked at eachother with relief, they didn't have to deal with Carmen since they didn't see what happened. Onyx and Orion glared at Kalin, and Kalin looked to me for help. I simply turned my head. It hurt a little since i was all banged up. The nurses had insisted on mending my broken hand and dislocated nose, but i wanted to see Mel.

"Rob?" Carmen asked. Well more like demanded. All eyes turned toward me. I guess o had to spill. I took a deep breath and sighed, knowing this would lead to all types of drama.

"Kalin pushed Mel." I answered. Carmen's nose flared and she clenched her jaw. It was so silent in there you could hear Melanie's fragile breathing. Everyone knew Carmen didn't play when it came to her family.

The click of her heels were loud against the linoleum floor. She stopped right in front of a sitting Kalin, seemingly towering over him. We all held our breaths in expectation. What would she do?

Seconds seemed like hours, until she did something NONE OF US thought she would do.