THIRTEEN

Onyx's POV

It had been a couple of weeks since the fight. Melanie only had to stay in the hospital for a couple days so that meant we all had to go back to school. Turns out the fight got really popular and it's all anyone could talk about. To be honest it was annoying but at least I wasn't in the spotlight. Kalin was. Everybody and they mama was hatin on him, all except his lil girlfriend Analyse. She, as always, was hugged up on Kalin. She even fed him food like he was the one with a broken arm. He looked like he hated every second of it but she was his only supporter at the moment so he couldn't exactly tell her to stop. Ain't gone lie I thought he was cool at first but after this alla that respect was gone.

I slugged through today, occasionally talking to people. Not really though, since Melanie was the only thing on my mind. My baby sister was sittin up at home hurtin. All because of some bum nigga who couldn't decide who he wanted to be with. He lied to her, led her on, and publicly embarrassed her. Not to mention he put his hands on her. I gotta bone to pick with him, and i would say something but i kinda feel bad for him. Ain't nobody, and believe me when I say nobody, is speaking to this mans. He really messed up. That ain't none of my business tho.

I hopped in my car at the end of the day and hooked the aux cord up to my phone. I bumped my music while I drove to Robert's. I had to pick him up so we could chill at my house. I would be at his but we had to watch Melanie while my mom went to work. Robert was suspended because he started the fight with Kalin. Orion and I were only suspended for three days, and Kalin was suspended for a week and a half.

Once I got there i turned my car off and went up to the door. I unlocked the door with my key and said a quick "hey how you doin" to his mom. I made my way to Rob's bedroom and told him i was ready. He turned off his music, grabbed his wallet and phone, and went after me to my car.

He bumped his music while we drove to my house. We stopped by McDonald's to get us and Mel some food and then made it to mine. I unlocked the door and plopped down on the couch. My mom immediately came out from the kitchen and said "pick up your mochila and take it upstairs Onyx." i swear she know everything. She said a "hey" to Rob and went back to cooking. Whatever it was smelled good.

While i went to put my backpack away me and Rob decided to check on Mel while we were up there. I opened her door and found her laying in her bed watching Spongebob. She waved to us with her good arm. Her room was dark because of her head so i didn't complain as I would have usually. We gave her her food and stayed with her for awhile. After she got tired of us she shooed us out and we went downstairs.

After dinner me and Rob decided to go play ball with the boys. Hakeem and Orion were home by then so we all went in one car while everybody else went their ways. Melanie went with us too, and we made sure she had on sunglasses and her arm was okay.

Once we got there we met up with Dez, Milo, Mylee, Lani, and two of Dez's friends. We all played except Mel, the girls were just as good as the guys in basketball.

After a couple minutes we saw another group of guys come. We were gonna ask them to play until we saw who was in the group, none other than Kalin White. He looked all happy and junk, i guess he found some people who actually like him still. Hmm. Instead of being petty we continued our game like we didn't even see him. But that quickly ended once I heard my name being called. "Ayo Robert!" I turned ny head and saw my friend Rico (standing with Kalin). I made my way over there and dapped him up. "Wassup Rico i ain't seen you in a fat minute whatchu been up to?"

"Same old same old man what about you?"

"Just chillin man, my bestfriend got beat up recently so I'm takin care of her."

"Word? That sucks man. You still best friends with Melanie?"

"Yea, she over there." I got her attention and told her to come over. She made her way over and i out my arm around her shoulders. "You remember Rico Mel?"

"Yea yea yea," she answered. "You went to our high school in ninth didn't you?"

"Yea," He said. "I might be comin back cause my man Kalin said he need some company." He and Kalin laughed. Kalin was tryin hard to get Mel to look at him but she stayed ignoring him. I decided to speak up.

"So you rockin wit Kalin now Ric? You know he's the one who beat up my sister right?"

Kalin inhaled sharply. Rico turned to him and gave him a hard stare. "Word K? You beat up my friend's girl? Is that why you need company alla sudden?"

Kalin swallowed and said: "It was an accident Ric, aight? I came here wit you and the boys to get away from alla that. Why can't we just play ball man?" He nervously chuckled.

"Nah man that's some sneaky junk you tried to pull on us right there. You ain't even tell us bout this. Why?"

Kalin ignored Rico and turned to Melanie. "Why you all hugged up on Robert, Mel?"

Melanie bit the inside of her cheek, something she only does when she's mad. "First of all Kalin, it's Melanie to you. Second, mind ya dang business. It ain't none a yours to question ME when you was all up on ME at the beginning of the school year but now you're with Analyse. So i suggest you stop averting attention to me and answer ya homeboy's question." Dang Mel.

"Listen to Mel, Kalin. Maybe she'll talk some sense into you. Come on y'all." Rico said, leaving with his other friends.

"Don't ever do that again Kalin. Don't bring me into ya arguments and don't try and clown me when you look like a clown yourself. Bye." Melanie walked back over to the crew, while I just gave him a look and followed her.

Kalin's POV

Why do i keep messin up? Dang K.