TWELVE

Recap: Rob told Melanie's mom a little bit of what happened. She went over to Kalin, seemingly towering over him.

She grabbed him by his ear saying, "Get up boy." She took him out to the parking lot, holding his ear the entire time. Once they got there, she let go and glared at him. After a couple minutes she began to speak.

" I don't know who you are, why you putcha hands on my daughter, or who you THINK you are but lemme tell ya right now. I ain't havin none a this. If you want some female to fight, let's fight right now." She waited for Kalin's response. "Come on, since you wanna hurt ny daughter. Try and hurt me."

"With all due respect ma'am it was an accident."

She scoffs. "It was an accident,huh? Well this is an accident." She then punched him dead in his face. He stumbled back and held his probably brusing cheek. "You're crazy man!" He yelled. She lifted one of her eyebrows and looked left to right as if looking for something. "Who are you talking to like that lil boy? It CERTAINLY ain't me cause you don't talk to no woman like that. You want anotha punch?"

"I-"

"Shutup when I'm talkin to you. Ion know what you were taught growin up but this ain't right. You DO NOT putcha hands on no woman, no matter how mad you are. Now whether or not you meant to slam her, you still pushed her. Not okay. Now when she wakes up, you gone apologize and leave, okay?"

"Why i gotta leave?"

"Don't- boy don't you dare talk to me like that. Rephrase that question 'fore i stick my foot up ya behind."

He sighed. "Do i really have to leave?"

"Thank you. Yes you do, because none of us, including Mel wants to see you. Have I made myself clear?"

"But I-"

"Have i made. Myself. Clear?" She said with more intensity. He nodded solemnly. She then walked past him, up the steps and into the elevator, mumbling about how disrespectful kids were these days.

Rob's POV

I didn't think Tía was gonna practically drag him out. It coulda been a lot worse though. One time she punched me when i broke one of her good dishes. Everyone was wondering what happened and made small talk until Tía walked back in without Kalin. We all held our breaths. There was no need though since she had a satisfied look on her face. She sat in Kalin's seat and looked lovingly at Melanie. About fifteen minutes later Kalin walked in with a bruised cheek and a mad look on his face. We all looked at Tía, her habd was slightly red. She had punched Kalin. Wow.

"Whatchall starin' at me for?" He finally snapped. "I ain't nothin to look at." Tía looked up with wide eyes. "You must done lost yo daggone mind boy, talkin to my kids like that." She pointed towards the door. "Get out." He sighed angrily and stormed out. He was so dramatic.