FOURTEEN

Melanie (Eli ^)

I honestly wish i didn't have to go back to school. People dont have nothing better to do than to stare and whisper about me man. Like go find your own drama and get outta mine. I have enough problems.

I hoisted my backpack onto my shoulders, getting sick of it falling. I was cold too, I hadn't checked the weather and made the mistake of wearing a short sleeve shirt in 50° weather. To put it lightly I was in a bad mood.

"Need a jacket?" I heard. There stood Kalin with a really cute bomber jacket hanging off his arm. I was so tempted to say yes but...I couldn't. Not when he still needed to fix himself.

Instead I bit my lip and said a simple "no thank you." The rips in my blue jeans made me even colder as the wind whistled past me. I shivered ever so slightly and Kalin chuckled. "Okay Melanie, you can be mad at me but at least take my jacket." I shook my head again, hoping he'd go away. I'd really hate to fight with him right now.

Instead of leaving me alone, though, Kalin slipped his jacket on my shoulders. I sighed heavily and put my arms through the sleeves. He was right, even if I was mad I didn't want to freeze. I was glad my cast didn't give me any trouble either, or he would have to help me more. I didn't need any more help from him.

Silence passed as we waited for the bus. What seemed like an hour was only ten minutes. Finally the bus pulled up and the regular work people and an occasional hobo looked down at us blankly. I sighed and stepped up into the bus and showed them my card. I made my way to the back, careful not to bump into anyone. You wouldn't believe how many fights started on buses because of that. Finding a seat, I sighed and sat down, pulling out my earphones and putting "Wanna Be Us" By Lil Yachty on.

I was interrupted from staring out the window by a hand waving in front of my face. I pulled out one of my earphones, trying not to look annoyed. Looking up, I saw Kalin again. Man he just couldn't leave me alone. "Can I sit here?" He asked with a hopeful face. I rolled my eyes and muttered a "whatever". Oh how I wish Orion or Onyx were here, but they wanted to take the school bus.

I pulled out my phone and started texting Rob to take away some of the awkwardness. I felt Kalin tryna look at my phone so I texted a few "baby"s and "babe"s so he would get the idea to leave me alone. I heard him sigh angrily and I smirked.

Rob met me at the front of the school and greeted me with a hug. He eyed Kalin indifferently and pulled me closer. I don't think they will ever get over this feud of theirs. He walked away and I sighed, letting go of a breath I didn't know I was holding. Then he turned around quickly and stalked over angrily towards us. "Okay I get it y'all are a happy couple and all but you don't have to rub it in my face all the time. Melanie knows I had a thing and still do have a thing for her and I know I messed up but I'm trying okay!" He pulled his curls angrily. "I'm trying to make it up and be a better person but I just can't do it when I see this every day!" Tears popped in the corner of his eyes and he bit his lip to try and make it stop trembling. "I just can't..." He trailed off, turning and walking away. Although he made zero sense, I somehow knew exactly what he was thinking.

I felt terrible, to put it lightly. Rob wanted to fight him for even talking to me but I held him back. He asked about the couple thing but I told him not to worry about it. I knew we weren't a couple but Kalin didn't. I realized that Kalin was only trying to win me back and he may be sincere. I didn't know he liked me though, I thought it was just him wanting to be a friend.

My day went on normally, but everyone could tell I was upset. I know I should've been upset at him, but really I was upset at myself. I couldn't decide whether I wanted him around or I wanted him to be gone. I mean he did technically hit me. And he led me on. And he tried to cover up what he did. But also I wanted to forgive him because I missed him and because he was sincere. Oh I don't know what I wanted.

$$$

"What up Bestfriend" my friend Eli said, hugging me from behind. He was always very touchy. I hadn't seen him all day and it was the end of the day now. I unwrapped his arms from around my waist and hugged him from the side instead, wrapping my other arm around him as well. I needed a hug, all this Kalin drama was bothering me. He pulled away from me first, looking down at me with a concerned expression. "What's up? What's bothering you?"

My eyes suddenly watered uncontrollably and tears ran down my face. "I miss him, E," I sobbed, tightening my arm around him and burying my face in his chest. "I miss him so much."

Eli is going to be really importante to this story from now on :)