Knight in Shining Armor?! (Karma Akabane x Reader)

And here is a oneshot for our mischievous little devil~ Karma Akabane

--*--

"Please go out with me!" The boy bowed so low at you, your eyes widening like saucers at the sudden declaration. It was the first time someone ever confessed to you but even if such were the case, you knew you had to reject him. After all, you only saw him as an acquaintance, a student from Class B whom you had saved from getting hit by an oncoming vehicle two weeks prior. You didn't even realize the guy suddenly fell for you since you were so keen on just saving him from dying an early death on that day.

"I'm sorry but-," You tried to say but the guy would hear none of it.

"It must be fate that we met! I even saw it on my fortune. On that day, I was told I was going to have a chance encounter with my fated one!" He proclaimed and you could only sweat-drop at his remark.

"I'm really truly sorry but I can't accept your feelings. I'm sorry you took it the wrong way but I was only saving you then, nothing more nothing less." You tried to reason with him but it was like talking to a brick wall. He wouldn't listen to you no matter how hard you tried to turn him down. He was persistent and it was starting to make you feel uneasy.

"There's another guys, isn't it?! There's no way my fortune would lie to me. That must be the only reason why you can't say yes. Someone's blackmailing you to be their girlfriend!" How he managed to come up with that ridiculous theory, you didn't want to know. You just wanted to go home and clearly this guy's incessant voice was driving you to the edge.

And right now this guy was pushing you to the boiling point.

"Listen to me, like I said-," You tried to explain before another voice jumped into the fray and you could already feel a tick mark beginning to grow.

"Ara~ [y/n]-chan! What are you doing here so late in the afternoon?" Karma's playful voice asked as you groaned inwardly and turned to him, a forced smile plastered on your face.

Karma Akabane, the prankster of Class E and your childhood friend, grinned at you from ear to ear, clearly enjoying the way you were trying to maintain composure from the stress building up in his presence. How you even befriended him, you had no idea. All you could recall was a glue fight instigated by the redhead himself during your elementary years, a plan your younger self had clearly wanted to do first. You guessed it was during that time that you approached him and asked him how he got away with it, the redhead's response was a gum to your hair and WWIII broke out.

You've been together since then and it always amazed you how much self control you had from not hitting him. Your relationship with him was like a cat and dog so truces between you two were useless. It was only when you reached middle-school that you both managed to be more tolerant of each other. Although Karma never abandoned his delinquent ways, you still stuck to him, more so when he got suspended and you did what you could to help him get back up even if it meant that both of you would land into Class E in the process.

If there was one thing you valued after all, it was your friends and family. Karma in his own twisted and sick way had wormed into your heart after all these years and as his friend, you were always there for him even if you wanted to kill him sometimes.

"None of your concern, Akabane! Why are you even still here? I thought you skipped classes?" You huffed, the redhead clutching his chest in a mocking attempt to feel hurt which made you roll your [e/c] eyes.

"Ouch, you wound me, [y/n]. Calling me Akabane like we're strangers. Call me Karma like you used to do when we were kids. And on another note, I didn't cut class, I was in school the whole time, just not inside the classroom."