Look My Way (Maehara Hiroto x Reader)

A oneshot tribute for our Class E playboy~ Hiroto Maehara

Warning: A little bit depressing but only a little.

--*--

"I'm telling you, she's just using you!" You argued, earning you a hard glare from your best friend.

"Like you'd know anything, [y/n]! You've never even had a boyfriend." Hiroto Maehara, your best friend and current secret crush, argued making you frown at his obliviousness to see the truth.

Normal people would have only dismissed your allegations as some sort of a jealous fit but you knew the whole story. You've even seen it with your own eyes and if someone was going to argue to you that seeing your best friend's current girlfriend making out with some random guy was nothing to worry about then you'd just go out and kill them yourself.

You've already accepted long ago that Maehara would never consider you as more than just his best friend but you didn't want to accept the fact of only watching him in the sidelines. Even if it wasn't you, so long as that girl would treat him right then you weren't going to argue.

"I don't even need one to know that she's just using you to make her look like some popular girl the hot guys would go after!" You countered, turning red at that last comment but you knew that when it concerned you, Maehara was as dense as a wall. 

"Yuna wouldn't do that! You never even gave her the chance when I introduced her to you. "

"It's because she didn't even deserve it in the first place. I've heard rumors about her, Hii-kun. She'll just hurt you." You huffed angrily but it all went to deaf ears when you saw him glare at you.

"They're just rumors, [y/n]. You have no concrete proof. I thought you'd be more supportive of me but I guess I was wrong." His last words made you freeze as you watched him turn, disappointment evident on his face. You didn't mean it to say those words, in all honesty if he could look past that dense wall of his then he'd see how much you cared. 

How much you gave up just to make him happy.

"Hii-kun~~" That sickly sweet voice chirped, your hands balling into fists in irritation at the sound of her voice calling him by the same nickname you had always called him since pre-school. Maehara's eyes blinked in surprise before it was replaced by a soft yet kind gaze as he turned to wave at his girlfriend.

If he had strained to hear closer then he would have heard the sound of something shattering in your chest at his love-struck sight.

"You know I care, Hii-kun. Just try to understand-," You tried one more time to persuade him but it was no use when he gave you that cold stare, a stare that you had gotten used to ever since he started dating Yuna.

"You should understand, [y/n]. If you really care then you'd be accepting of my decisions." He cut you off, his back turning to you as his girlfriend bounded towards you both and engulfed him in a bear hug. He planted a chaste kiss on her forehead before Yuna noticed you and gave you a wave.

You could feel your blood boil at her superficial innocent act.

"Hi, [y/n]!" She waved causing you to glare at her.

"Hello." You said in a clipped tone earning you another reprimanding and disappointed look from Maehara.

"[y/n]..." He was about to argue before Yuna stopped him, that sickening fake smile of hers enough to make you want to hurl.

"It's alright, Hii-kun. Like I said, I won't give up no matter what! So be prepared, [y/n]. I'll make sure you learn to like me." She challenged you earning her a affectionate chuckle and pat on the head from Maehara which made you scowl.