A Case of Colds (Karma Akabane x Reader)

Today was supposed to be the day.

Ever since Karma had joined Class E, that was the day you had found the perfect rival who could keep up with your pranks. In fact, he's so good at it that you worriedly thought he might steal your glory. So both of you had decided that every Friday would be the day you'd show off your skills and out-prank each other. You already have the perfect prank in mind but sadly your red-haired rival had failed to show up in class.

Apparently, due to unknown circumstances, Karma had caught a cold so he couldn't attend class since he was told to rest.

"You've been sighing the whole day you know." Rio pointed out to you for the nth time as you slumped back on your seat and sighed again. Without Karma around, your pranks would have to be put on hold since majority of them consisted of having to tag team with the red head just to achieve it. So it's no surprise why you were bored to death since making fun of people was the only thing making your day worth it.

Just why did Karma even have to get sick?

"I'm so bored!" You complained aloud causing you to freeze when the entire class had turned to you. Apparently, you failed to realize you were still having classes and ended up shouting out loud. Turning pink from embarrassment, you flinched when a shadow loomed over you and looked up to see Koro-sensei looking down on you making you gulp.

"Considering you were the only one to perfect the quiz today, [l/n]-san, I thought it would be alright to not call your attention in class but since you've made it clear that you can't seem to keep it together then I have no choice but to assign you a task." Koro-sensei scolded you making you sigh.

"Sorry sensei..." You apologized before yelping when a huge pile of papers were dropped on your table.

"Rather than clean the whole classroom as punishment, I'm tasking you with the responsibility of taking these to Karma-kun's house after class. I could do it myself but the last stock of limited edition gelatos in France is today so I really don't want to miss it." Koro-sensei explained your punishment causing you to widen your eyes.

"Really?!" You said excitedly, the thoughts of the prank war finally about to commence flooding your mind. Koro-sensei seemed surprised by your off reaction since it wasn't the usual response a student may give when being punished.

He never got the chance to ask though since the moment the bell had rung, you quickly grabbed your things and Karma's notes before speeding out towards his home.

-*-

*Ding* *Dong*

The repetitive ringing of the doorbell caused Karma to open his eyes in irritation. His head was throbbing like hell and his muscles ached all over as he mustered a weak call to wait for him as he tried to groggily get off the bed and answer the door.

Either the ringer was deaf or had no sense of respect, Karma didn't know because apparently the door bell only continued to ring which made his ears feel like exploding from the annoying sound. He's surely going to have to make sure to uninstall the doorbell when he has the time.

"I'm coming!" Karma bellowed with all his strength one more time before coughing harshly, his eyes peeking through the hole to see who it was.

A mop of [h/c] hair greeted his eyes before your face appeared in his view making him sigh. The jovial look on your face and the amount of paperwork you carried did nothing to quell his irritation as he slightly opened the door but not before barely dodging it when you decided to slam the door open.

"Guess who it is, Karma?!" You giggled excitedly making the red-head sigh as he watched you enter haphazardly into his home.

"Are you an idiot? What's the point in asking that question? And what are you doing here?" Karma asked you before coughing violently causing your eyebrows to knit together in worry.