Blackout (Karma Akabane X Reader) #NOV2k16

It all started with a little dare.

Glancing at the small paper in your hand, you took in a deep breath and marched to the one person you knew wouldn't be embarrassing on your part to ask as your dare partner.

Akabane Karma.

After all, the two of you had been best of friends since preschool so it wasn't that embarrassing to ask the king of pranks himself as your dare partner. In fact, you were so used to his constant teasings over the years that you've developed a sort of immunity to it much to the red head's chagrin.

"Karma! I need your help," You called out, earning you a wide smirk from him as you approached his table.

The paper on your hand was a little gift from Koro-sensei as a reward for taking a top spot during the weekly exams prepared by Class A. Of course the octopus teacher himself decided to add a twist to the reward, majority of the class knowing full well this was once again some elaborate scheme your alien of a teacher made just so he could write something in his gossip book.

But unlike the rest of the class, you accepted his challenge, the idea of 'assassinating' your teacher in a dare just too tempting to refuse. The dare given to you was simple after all. If you manage to scare him then you get one chance to hit him (without him moving of course) with any anti-sensei weapon you wished.

Sadly, you weren't good at scaring the daylights out of people but luckily Koro-sensei allowed you to choose one of your classmates as a partner with the exception that they should also have a spot on the Top 10. It was his downfall the moment he stated the condition, your eyes easily hovering to your friend who was busy concocting some devious scheme on Nagisa.

With the dare to your advantage, you knew you were going to be the one to 'kill' Koro-sensei.

--*--

"Are you sure this is going to work?" You asked Karma worriedly, your eyes hovering to the dark sky looming closer and closer to the old building which was your classroom.

Karma's plan, in all honesty, was a simple 'Tell him a scary story and chase him with a ghost costume' prank. Seeing as you were absent due to an illness during the island trip a few months back, you had no idea that your teacher was actually a scaredy-cat when it came to things of the unknown and occults. Why he chose such an easy dare was beyond you, but if it could give you a chance to claim his head before you all graduate, then the dare was more of a blessing in disguise.

"Of course it will. Sensei is the absolute scaredy-cat. All we have to do is get him to watch the horror film I disguised in one of his collections and he'll be screaming like a girl. That's when you come in and spook him so you can capture the act on the camera." Karma explained making you gulp as you grabbed the cloth he handed you, the room getting darker as the night approached and the sky began to rumble to signal an incoming storm.

You could feel the hair on your back begin to rise, the combination of night and storm clearly not to your liking. It may not look like it, but you hated thunderstorms the most. The booming sound followed by a blinding bright light always set you on edge that you almost always jumped the moment the sky clapped as if rendering it asunder.

Daytime would have been a good time to scare Koro-sensei but you knew that he was always on his guard when amongst his students since everyone was always ready to 'kill' him. Nighttime was the only time he lowered his guard a bit since only a few assassins came to attack him in turns so this was the only opportunity you had. You didn't think a storm would come and having to cancel the prank would only serve to make Karma suspicious.

The last you needed was for your own friend to find out the only secret you worked so hard to hide from him.

*Boom*

The thunder crashed in a very deafening sound, the impact probably damaging a nearby electric post that sent the entire classroom into darkness. Heavy rain began to beat loudly on the old building's roof, the dark clouds hiding the only source of light which was the moon.

"Waaahhhhh!" As if on cue, the sound of your octopus teacher's scream echoed in the halls, Karma's eyebrows raising curiously at the sound. A smirk began to make its way to his lips, the discovery of another weakness of their teacher clearly amusing him. He had thought that the blackout would hinder them of initiating their little prank and ruin the dare but imagine to his surprise that it did more good than harm.

Now was a chance and since it was raining outside, no doubt their teacher would be trapped in the building screaming like a madman.

"Looks like we have a chance. We should do it now while the rain-," Karma was about to explain but stopped himself when he tried to squint his eyes in the darkness and noticed that your figure was no where to be found.

*Boom*

Another clap of thunder lit the whole room for a second, Karma's eyes quickly registering the white cloth hiding under the teacher's table. Trying to feel his way to the cloth, his eyes widened a bit at the sight of your shivering form, hands vainly covering your ears as you attempted to drown out the sound of thunder.

"Heeehhh~ don't tell me a little thunder has got you cowering now," Karma teased but you could barely register what he was saying, the next wave of thunder that crashed was enough to make you jump as tears began to form from your eyes.

"I-I'm not scared," You argued weakly before squealing as another thunder landed.

"If you say so~ You wouldn't mind if I decide to check out on our target now right?" Karma teased further, the sight of your squirming figure amusing to watch. After all, it had been a long time since he last saw you squirm under his teasings.

*Boom*

A louder and much more powerful thunder echoed from the sky, the light much more brighter than the last as if a dozen or more fireworks had been ignited simultaneously. You didn't have time to retort to his obvious teasings and ended up jumping out of the table, hands outstretched as you dragged your redheaded friend to the ground in fear, the white cloth billowing into the air before settling down to cover both your figures.

"Okay, I'm scared! So please... Just for once can you please stay here until it ends!" You practically begged Karma, your eyes widened in fear as you gripped his shirt tightly for assurance.

To Karma, you had always been more serious and prideful when it came to hiding your weaknesses so it was a bit surprising on his part to see you lower yourself to the point of asking him to accompany you and even admit your fear of thunderstorms.

"What about the dare?" He asked you before another thunder echoed and you ended up lowering your head, burying it onto his chest as you whimpered which ended up making the redhead blush in slight embarrassment.

"Fine, we can probably find a way to prank him some other day," He finally said, arms awkwardly encasing you in assurance, his cheeks still burning a light shade of pink since he rarely ever made such an endearing action to anybody.

Looks like tonight will be a long night for the both of you.

-Extra-

After the sudden storm last night, Koro-sensei thought he was going to die from a heart attack that night. He ran all over the dark hallways of the classroom screaming bloody murder before his sense of smell caught a whiff of two of his students sneaking around within the building.

Imagine to his surprise when he saw two figures huddled under a thin sheet of white cloth. Lifting the sheets, Koro-sensei could only turn pink at the sight of both you and Karma asleep, the redhead's arms snaked around you while you gripped onto his shirt tightly.

Taking out a notebook from his robe, the octopus teacher quickly jotted down a few notes before closing it shut, his fear forgotten for a second before the thunder crashed again.

"Waaaahhh!"

--End--

Sorry for the short chapter! The contest I was entering this one shot for requires a max of 1500 words so this was all I could manage.

Wish me luck guys!