I Exist (Itona Horibe X Reader)

Dedicated to Otaku_love2004 for requesting! Sorry if I didn't give you a message about when to post this and opted to tag you instead since I was planning to write and post this in one day. *continuously bows in apology*

Hope you guys will enjoy this too :)

--*--

Growing up alongside your two noisy siblings made you a very quiet and reserved child since you were the youngest and barely had the chance to speak up. It's not surprising really that it's because of that you barely made any friends. You rarely spoke unless spoken to and even then they tried to avoid you like a plague because of your 'oh-so-boring' attitude.

You didn't know what kids your age talked about (since your siblings usually conversed about jobs and the economy due to their ten years age difference from yours) so you didn't know how to adapt to the kids in your school.

It didn't take a while and soon you were already used to it though, since being ignored was already a daily routine for you even at home. Being the youngest usually garnered the attention of the family but when your family is a family of workaholics... Attention seemed futile to you.

It was during that time that you met him.

It was after class when you decided to play in the park like you usually did before heading home (seeing as being in the park seemed so much better than being at home and being ignored the whole day). It just so happened that you bumped into him busily building something and it made you curious. You were eleven then and so was he. He struck the curiosity in you because you thought everyone your age were the same but the kid before you was different. Imagine, a kid of eleven busily building a small contraption that you obviously knew wasn't something a kid would do.

You'd know after all. Everyone in your class made sure of that.

You could still recall how you ended up stalking him, always running to the park just to catch a glimpse of him out of curiosity. It didn't take a while before he noticed you and the memory of it was vivid as if it only happened yesterday.

You were doing so well too - being discrete and making sure you weren't noticed but fate probably did want you to meet. You were so sure that tripping on nothing and easily getting noticed only happened in books and mangas but for it to happen in real life? Just what are the odds that God could be conspiring something in your life.

So there you stood before him. His gold eyes burning into your own colored orbs as if assessing you. It made you nervous, growing up being ignored most of your life, you weren't really used to being in the spotlight. You didn't even know what to say since you were afraid that he'd think you were boring the moment you spoke.

But luckily (or was it unluckily?) he just ignored you and resumed his work. Usually you would have just moved on since that was the trigger. It's like being ignored is equal to saying that you aren't worth their time so get out. You would always leave when that happened, knowing that your demeanor would always put anyone off but not this time.

He gave you a special feeling and you were determined to prove to him that you existed.

So rather than leave like you usually do, you decided to stay. It was so uncharacteristic of you that you even surprised yourself when you sat next to him by the park tables and watched him do his job. He was busy making a small robot (something you found very intriguing given his age). He didn't seem to mind you watching which for some odd reason slightly made you upset.

Did it feel wrong to want to exist in his eyes?

So you decided to speak out and hope. Hope deep down that he wouldn't be turned off with your 'boring' character as people would put it.