Capítulo Ocho (CHAPTER VIII)

"So why Leon?" I asked him. He opened his mouth but no sound came out. He licked his upper lip. "I mean, of all the names you can possibly give me, why Leon?"

"It is derived from the female version, Leonor." He said curtly. I felt there was something there, but I didn't want to delve into it. I just nodded my mmm-hmmm. We were silent for a while. I thought about the other questions I was supposed to ask.

"So how are we exactly able to meet each other?" I asked again.

"That, I cannot be sure of. There are still unsolved questions that I myself am asking. I am certain that you come from the future, but I do not know if you are the one coming to my time, or if I am crossing over yours."He replied. I could see his forehead crease in thought.

"How about the time when you appeared at the amusement park?" I inquired.

"Yes, that is a mystery to me as well. I am not familiar with a so called amusement park near the bay. We do not have one in my time. But while I was walking in search for you," he paused and looked at me. His brows gathering at the bridge of his nose.

"I was so worried about you. I have not said enough of my apologies for pushing you to go on with that group date. I came after you when you ran out of this room, but could not find you. It has now occurred to me that this room is a conduit or channel for us to travel through time. When you ran out of here, you instantly went back to your era. As I am saying earlier, I was searching for the place, but I could not find any structures of amusement apart from the abandoned house. It never occurred to me that you could be in there until I heard you call my name." He took a breath and brushed his hair away from his face using his fingers.

"I cannot explain what I felt at the time. It is as if you are near me. I felt your presence but could not sense where it is coming from. I heard you, but it felt like you were distant. Hence, I followed my intuition that you may be in the house. I felt panic striking through me." He said emotionally clutching his chest. My mind reeled back to the horrible scene I experienced with Devon.

"I had not the smallest amount of thought what state you were in, but I felt that you were in danger. I had to find you. And I did. I heard your voice, clearer than day...." He trailed off.

Clearly, he also hated recalling what had happened. But I'm dazed by his recollection. I gave his hand a squeeze and walked over to his side. I hesitated to hug him, but I pushed the timid me to the back. I wrapped my arms around his neck from behind him and gave him a peck on the neck. I heard him exhale and felt him loosen up.

"I was as terrified as you were, Valentina...." He told me.

"You came right on time..." I reassured him. He held my hand in his and caressed them.

"I should have arrived earlier..." He contested but I hushed him. It was no use dwelling about what had happened. I told him. I am fine now, and we are together. That is all that matters. The world could be in chaos outside of this room, but I don't care. Even if we'll both be stuck in time, I don't care.

"It still bothers me how I am unable to find you again when I returned to the tree. When you left, you most likely traveled back. Perhaps I did, when I left you. It is all still so muddled." He spoke softly and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you. You have calmed me significantly." He smiled and motioned me to sit beside him. He still has my hand in his all the while.

"I had informed you that I had told my mother about you. She is coming the week after the next. We will go home to Laguna in the summer. It is my selfish wish, if you can possibly meet her. And perhaps, if you care to spend the summer with my family and I." He said and I felt his eyes burrow through mine.