Capítulo Doce (CHAPTER XII)

CHAPTER XII

Capítulo Doce

I flipped to the next page only to be disappointed. I found it blank. I could've sworn it had something written on it before. I remembered scanning each page and it was half filled with his writing. What had happened to the rest? Was it written in invisible ink? I shone the pages on my lamp and tried to see if there's any secret to it. None appeared. I flipped each page but found nothing written. I shook the diary carefully, and something fell. It is an old piece of paper, delicately folded and was blotted with ink. My heart palpitated as I opened it. I felt this had the answer to the mystery. I squinted at the blotted handwritten words in the sunlight that is streaming from my window.

What is required to pass through time

Nay all is necessary to completely walk through, a permutation of the three is enough... Conversely, we have never established and attempted the undertaking...

I continued reading the entire thing and by the end, my eyes must have almost fallen out of its sockets. This is it! This is how to travel through time. I checked his last entry. It is dated on September 14. I checked his entry about our first meeting. That's odd.We didn't meet at February 10 in my time, but February 13. I feel that these dates mean something. I switched on my computer. Time to do some research on the fourth rule of time traveling, if only there are more clues.... I may able to go to back. Just you wait Rizal. I will come back and – and what?

 ***

I had spent the entire week doing research on time traveling. There are a lot of articles bombarding the internet, but none of them mentions anything about Chinese dates. I have matched the medium and portal with them. Almost all time traveling theories have something like that. If only it's as easy as riding a novelty sports car like in the movie Back to the Future. But I patiently worked on my own, and it had paid quite well. For the first time in my life, I am beginning to feel proud of my Chinese blood and the education that my parents had forced me to learn. I would have to thank them for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to read a Chinese calendar. I had taken trips to my grandfather, who is a pure Chinese man, who follows the calendar's dates, like celebrating everyone in our family's Chinese birthdays instead of the normal one. I made notes on what I found out. Just to summarize my own theory and understanding of the fourth rule, and I have based it on extensive, and when I say extensive, I hardly eat and on the run to museums, libraries and into the internet world 24/7, I have come to the conclusion that the fourth rule requires specific dates on the Chinese calendar. I still haven't really made a concrete idea on how this is achieved, but I have found a pattern.

 I still haven't really made a concrete idea on how this is achieved, but I have found a pattern

The date that we met is actually based on the Chinese calendar. It falls on the same day, but in a different year. And what more, there is a pattern in the years, 13-23, and cycles 76-78. I do not know how to clearly explain this, but let me pull up an article.