Chapter 6

Luke's P.O.V.

Bryan, Jason, Seth, Isabel and I sat down in what used to be the back row of the Homeroom classroom. I glanced behind me as I sat. Cael, Kenna and Hayley were in the new back row, talking quietly. Cael inclined his head respectfully at me and I did the same, having them around wasn't weird but it wasn't ordinary but they respected us and mostly we respected them.

I leaned back in my seat as I listened to my friends talk and I occasionally glanced over to Isabel as she talked to her friends. My wolf huffed in resentment; he hated her for taking our mate's place. I pinched the bridge of my nose, I haven't told Isabel that I had found my mate as yet and I was dreading the aftermath when I did. I sighed as the class filled up and the late bell rung. I closed my eyes as the teacher called the attendance. Everyone looked up as the classroom door opened.

"Wonderful of you to join us today Mr. Ford," the teacher said sarcastically.

I held back a growl as Xaden stood there with his bag slung over his shoulder. I could tell he was holding back his wolf too, from the day we met in school we did not see eye-to-eye. Xaden grumbled a good morning and the unmated female wolves swooned. I could even see Isabel giving him her attention.

They cast him flirty glances and subtly shifted, trying to catch his attention, the guys in the room were also looking at him, sizing him up as a threat. Cael, Kenna and Hayley snickered as Xaden paid them no attention, I rolled my eyes, everyone could see his mate's mark on his neck and probably could not take him down in a fight.

"Care to share the reason why you weren't in school for the past 3 days Mr. Ford?" the teacher asked as Xaden sat behind me to my right, leaving the only available seat right behind me, not giving the teacher an answer.

"I apologise on Alpha Ashworth's behalf."

My head snapped up as Anastasia's unmistakable voice rang through the silent classroom. My wolf was over the moon. Finally, after a week of separation, our mate was here. My eyes widened slightly as I took in what Anastasia was wearing. Her jeans hugged her shapely legs and her top showed off her smooth tan skin. Her hair was tied back exposed the unmarked skin of her neck.

Instincts overwhelmed me instantly. My wolf urged me forward, wanting to claim her as mine. I wanted to have her close to me, to have her at my side and most importantly, to mark her, showing everyone that we belonged together. I clenched my fists trying to suppress my wolf.

Anastasia smiled at the teacher, "I apologise for both mine and Xaden's absence. Our pack needed assistance settling in. I spoke to Alpha Ashworth and Alpha Blackwell and they said that if there's any concerns, feel free to contact either of them."

I smirked as I listened to her talk; her voice was pleasant and sweet but still had the commanding edge to it, subtly daring the teacher to question her authority.

"That won't be necessary," the teacher smiled warily. "Class, this is Anastasia Ashworth," everyone starting whispering immediately. "She will be joining us for a while so please welcome her." Someone started to clap followed by a few others as she blushed and made her way to the seat behind me.