Chapter 15: Oh, Joy, Michi's Here

Lucinda didn't know what Michi was about to do - or that what Michi was about to do was even possible! However, Michi had managed to perfect a talent she had for taking others' ideas and tweaking them to her own uses - with magic

     Michi knew how to tailor aspects of a potion to her own advantage - namely... for this instance... using her 'tweaking abilities' to specify the potion she could use to change her voice - and changing her appearance was as simple as makeup and cosplay wigs.

     "But... " Michi realized. "Michi needs a part of the specification... The article says... if you want to be a specific strain of the orchid family (the article was using plants as an example), then... you need a sample of the orchid... such as leaves or- I need a part of Katelyn-sama?!"

     That would be hard - Katelyn would definitely notice Michi trying to pull her hair out... And then Michi would get hurt, which wouldn't be fun at all. Unless...

     Oh, of course. This was gonna be great.

     A day or two later, Lucinda had summoned everyone over to Aphmau's house. Zane was still wearing his mask (even when not in cosplay) because of what Lucinda did to his hair. (It was Travis-colored - gross...) Laurance/Dakota was trying to keep the Kool-Aid in his cup without spilling it. Garroth/Jason was trying to fend off Lucinda/Luna Lovegood threatening him with a brick. And Aphmau/??? was squealing over her costume and also Aaron/???'s, even though everyone else (except Travis) had little idea to who they were (they didn't watch Aph's animes, after all).

     Travis was upset because Lucinda had used magic to dye his hair brown and make it curly. He secretly thought that his hair was still the best, however. Zane/Kaneki was being scolded by Katelyn/Touka who, instead of having magic hair, decided to use a wig, as she liked her hair the way it was and also wanted to make Zane feel bad.

     Kawaii-chan was humming a cover in which Hatsune Miki had sung (as a vocoloid), and would randomly burst into song at the chorus or a particularly fun part.

     Michi had already disguised herself to look as Katelyn did – except for the outfit and the hair, of course. She didn't have to look like Katelyn, just enough so that... Well, better not to dwell on that, mm?

     Of course, Katelyn and Zane, who were currently yelling at each other and enjoying every minute of their argument, had no idea that Michi was plotting to set fire to their ship – and not in a 'let's have a bonfire to celebrate this amazing ship' way.

     Lucinda decided to warn everyone just in case Michi was up to something. She spoke to each individual couple, saying, "I gave Michi a potion earlier this week to change her voice – and it won't make her sound like any of you... But just in case, watch out and keep an eye out for who is and isn't who you're with."

     She even stopped by to tell Zane and Katelyn, who filed the information but were too busy protesting they weren't a couple, they didn't care, and that (according to Katelyn) books and mangas were always better than movies and animes (Zane promptly disagreed).

     They didn't really remember the advice. Smart, smart couple... of friends... in love...

     Heh. Anyway... Michi was concocting something weird in her house. It didn't seem really potent, nor did it seem really dangerous - just a potion for sense dulling - usually used to put people in a state closer to sleep.

      Kind of like 1st period, when you're technically awake, but all you can really focus on is um... well... sleep. And your bed...

     Michi had the potion targeting the eyes, one of the most effective way to put someone to sleep - something about blurry vision makes people sleepy. But for people who don't want to go to sleep, it does very little. Just blurry vision.