Chapter 26: Zane's Old 'Friend'

"What?" they asked. Michi had a reputation for having terrible plans... They didn't TRUST Michi, which was smart. "What do you want, Michi?"

     "Michi has something you want to see..." Michi urged into her phone, trying to convince them she was right. "And you will definitely regret it if your... other friends get to it first. They will not hesitate to rub it in your face, you know..."

     "Fine. But if I regret it, you'll pay," they warned on their end. "And I hope it's worth it."

     Click. As they hung up, Michi scrambled for a glass bottle... Her potion was almost done. Like Lockhart, she excelled at memory charms... Or in her case, potions. And she had lots of potion materials, a potions book, and a little bit of Katelyn's hair from before. The master tweaker of potions had to get to work...

     Meanwhile, Katelyn had spent the day after the party helpng her friends clean the house and, afterwards, eating more pocky sticks at Zane's house. Zane had taken the packets from the party the day before. Katelyn was really getting addicted to those things.

     "I brought them home," Zane argued. "You should share, Katelyn..."

     "I may be dating you, but my food is always mine and only mine," Katelyn replied, tossing one towards Zane anyways. "Consider this a gesture of acknowledgement... Don't expect it ever again."

     "Mhm," Zane replied, crunching the chocolate end of the pocky stick. "Well, thanks anyway. Besides, I can always just steal your food. I'm friends with Aphmau, remember? She'll let me into the house. And if she doesn't I can always just promise to hug Travis or something and she'll be too happy to care..."

     "Whatever... Besides. You'd still have to get through me... Speaking of which. I think you guys ate all the cookies and stuff yesterday... And that was all the sugar Kawaii-chan had," Katelyn remembered. She turned to Zane and shrugged. "I've finished the pocky sticks. It's my turn to go to the grocery store, so... I'm gonna go now. I've been here a while at any rate."

     "Oh. I might as well go too... Certain people exploded all my saltines everywhere..." Zane responded, finishing his pocky stick, getting up to leave. "I mean - it's not like I have a lot of food."

     "Okay, okay, true," Katelyn agreed. "Let's go."

     And because they were very lucky, they had to park very far away, as the parking lot was full... Their punishment for going to a supermarket on a Saturday afternoon. They trudged over to the store, discussing what to and or not to buy. Katelyn for, Zane against. Saltines, that is.

     "Nope," Zane protested firmly as they finally walked into the store. "You want saltines purely so you can explode them all over me. Crumbs. Are. Torture."

     As they walked around, Katelyn waving a box of saltines in the air that Zane couldn't reach, Michi, potions in hand, walked to the front of the shop, making sure to keep out of view. Time for her own revenge... But this time they wouldn't be able to trace it back to her. Her memory potion ensured that... Though she certainly wanted them to remember...

     "Come on," Michi hissed. "Michi wants to leave as soon as possble... "

     "Fine, fine," her accomplice growled, her unknowing pawn, and whacked the branches of a bush out of the way, coming to stand next to Michi. His face, now unshadowed by the bush, was clear and very familiar. "How long do we have to wait?"

     "Not long," Michi replied, tail swishing anticipatingly. "Oh. And I forgot. I brought something while we wait. Energy drink."

     "Well, give it to me! You kept me up from three in the morning till now," complained her companion, grabbing the metal bottle from Michi and gulping it down. "That was very strange... It kind of tasted like spicy fruit. And it feels weird."