End (Pt.2)

It was the day of the party, and all through the street... 

     The guests were thinking about who they would meet...

     So, pretty much, everyone was happy, and excited, and anticipating the Christmas party. Even Katelyn was openly excited about the party - she cared... Which was both strange and probably meant well for the party.

     Everyone was happy. Except...

     Zane.

     Zane was not looking forward to the Christmas party. For one and one reason only. It was because of the mistletoe. It wasn't that he didn't want to kiss Katelyn. Far from it actually.

     The problem was: There were other people, and there was a lot of mistletoe... And he didn't want to take any chances. Zane could be a rather jealous person, and thinking about anyone but him potentially kissing Katelyn upset him greatly.

     "Oh, calm down, baby brother," Garroth tried, as Zane paced back and forth in the living room, in front of Garroth, who was on the couch. Garroth continued, "Don't worry about the mistletoe... Just stand next to Katelyn and if you two end up under the mistletoe, the only thing that will happen is Kawaii-chan will explode!"

     Garroth laughed his... erm... unique... laugh (a perfect embodiment of hnghrnrghhrhnghng). Zane scowled and exhaled in a sharp breath. He raked a hand through his dark hair and groaned angrily.

     "But what if she... goes somewhere and... And some idiot and her end up under the mistletoe, and I won't even know anything about it?" Zane hissed through his teeth, still pacing.

     "Calm down!" Garroth responded, leaning forward from his seat on the couch. "Stop worrying! You're starting to sound like a stalker..."

     "No, I just care about Katelyn... And I don't want anyone else to get a chance at her...," Zane began, before trailing off. "Wow. I do sound like a stalker. But I just... Argh... I just worry! Because I wouldn't be able to take it... If..."

     "It's okay, baby brother!" Garroth reassured him. Zane stopped pacing and sat down next to him. "I promise to not be under mistletoe and to do everything in my power to keep Katelyn out from under them too... Okay?"

     "Well... Thanks... I guess," mumbled Zane, eyes cast downward. He made an attempt to sound less stalkery. "Do you want to go to the party early? Or should we wait...?"

     "Well, we don't have anything else to do, let's go..." Garroth decided. "Actually, I'll stop by my old house... Ask if... um... Laurance, and the others want to come..."

     "Hnm. Fine, I'll head straight there. See you later," Zane replied as he stood from the couch. He resolved to bring a lighter, just in case any mistletoe needed burning... Leaf needed to burn his mistletoe cousins... MAYBE.

     Genocide was only encouraged... no where.

     Now... Zane was pessimistic... But he was shocked dead by the amount of mistletoe in and around the house. Aphmau had really gone all out this year. (LOL... You guys know what's going down...)

     The annoying bunches of leaves were draped over railings and above doorways. It was an infestation! Zane ducked under a leafy bough covering another doorway, still carrying the gifts he'd brought, and sprinted for Katelyn's room.

     "Katelyn!" Zane called, barging into her room. "What is all that stupid... green... foliage.. doing all over your house?"

     "There was a sale," Katelyn explained. "And Aphmau was there. Also Kawaii-chan. And you know how easy it is to get Kawaii-chan to buy things... Especially if it has anything, even by a thread, to do with her ships."