Chapter 16: Plans Gone Wrong

Michi used the hair in her potion. Luckily, it dissolved with a bluish flash into the tweaked potion so that Michi didn't have to drink the hair. But... the potions. How would she administer it... to her lonesome victim?

     It didn't have to be ingested - just had to end up contacting the person's eyes, or skin, or wherever you wanted it to be effective. Before she left the bush she was tweaking the potion behind, she gulped down the voice potion. It tasted a little spicy and a bit sweet as well.

     Michi cleared her throat - she sounded similar to Katelyn. If she lowered her voice a little bit, she sounded like Katelyn, just a bit scratchier. A difference not discernible to the general population.

     Katelyn was pondering the choice between lollipops and chips even as Michi made her way over to the fountain, potion in hand. Michi walked along the edge of the fountain silently, Zane oblivious. He was too absorbed in - ahem - his shows.

     Michi uncorked the potion silently and, in one quick motion, poured the potion into Zane's face. He spluttered for a moment then yawned. His vision fuzzed over and everything blurred around the edges. He looked to the side. There... Katelyn was there.

     Michi sat next to Zane and said, "Enjoy the water?" in Katelyn's voice. Zane scowled at - Katelyn, yes. It was Katelyn. But her hair.

     "Why is your hair long and purple?" Zane asked, blinking (but to no effect). "Katelyn - *yawn* - did you change your wig or something?"

     "No," Michi said, snorting like Katelyn would. "I took the wig off and my hair is blue."

     "It looks purple," Zane noted, unsure. Why was his vision so blurry. "My vision is a bit blurry, maybe that's why your hair looks funny."

     "Maybe," Michi mused. She tilted her head. "Maybe you should get to the first-aid tent... I mean, here, I'll help you."

     Michi added, "Dingus," for good measure, and pulled Zane by the hand, glad Katelyn wasn't back yet. She'd need some additional time to make sure what she and Zane were doing was enough to hurt Katelyn and ruin the ship.

     Zane followed the purple-hair Katelyn, hand in hand. Katelyn's hand felt different then normal. Smoother, drier. Maybe he was just self-conscious. He wondered if Katelyn really did like him. She kept glancing at the booth Travis and Lucinda were at. 

     Michi kept checking on the nearest group of Katelyn and Aphmau's friends to see if they noticed Zane and herself heading toward the first-aid tent. Zane bit his lip. Why was Katelyn so obsessed with the two?

     "K-Katelyn," Zane said. She didn't respond, so he tapped her arm. "Katelyn?" 

     "Oh, yeah, what?" Katelyn responded, glancing at Zane, flicking her hair behind her and smoothing it down in the back - that was new. Katelyn hadn't ever really cared about her hair much before... "Is there something wrong?"

     "Well," Zane said haltingly. "I... I was wondering... that day... when you said you liked me... that way... Did you... really... mean it?"

     "Oh!" Michi exclaimed, smiling at Zane - who couldn't see her smile (vision and all). So they had told each other they liked each other. How exciting ( and weird!)! "Well, yeah... Katel- I... wouldn't lie about it."

     "Oh, okay, I... just wanted to make sure," Zane sighed, relieved. 

     "Yeah," Michi said. Suddenly, she noticed Katelyn back at the fountain, licking a piece of candy, looking confused, and waiting for Zane. "Hey, I think that we went the wrong direction. Let's head back towards the fountain."