One.

its early summer and the only time I get out much is to go to the local shop ' Rudders' to find new paint brushes and there so many of them.

Often, I lay in bed and don't say a word or move about much I'm one of those kids.
I like to categorize myself as the ' indie black haired pasty white kid who's too stupid to speak up.'

Yeah sure there's a lot to do since I live not far from the shore ,

but I'd rather stay inside and draw. And I draw lots of things, whether it's the rain , the sky, or the absolute weird fetish I have with hands.

My Mother walks in to greet me with one of those looks ( that says you need oxygen get off Tumblr faces)

" Esten, please get some sun today.. I hate seeing you all couped up in here."

I saw the look in her eyes, the look of sorrow.

A few weeks ago before moving here, my Father had a heart attack from overdosing on morphine late at night , and growing up as a kid I never knew why he was so sad.

My Mother thinks that I will end up like him, but I want to do a hell a lot of good while I'm on this planet and she knows it.

She closes my door and I turn to put my headphones back into my ears and scroll around Spotify and I came across this cover of " can't help falling in love" by this kid named Christian Akridge .

I stopped drawing my headshot of Halsey and listened to his voice, it was like he was talking right to me and I sprawled out on my duvet covers and I closed my eyes and saw figures of clouds passing by and old cars and it felt like I was going back in time or something.

I sat back up and grabbed my purse and headed out to Rudder's to see if they had any specials.

By the way I walk everywhere because I have a car phobia and I shall not try and break my fears now. Not now.

Skipping down the block , I stopped and I was home : Rudder's. This is the place that all those indie kids in your art class goes during the summer, and never come home .

There's so many different colours to choose from and the list goes on and on. There's this really pretty lavander primer in the back of the store and I want to paint my room like that, but Mother says the colour wouldn't match the rest of the house but I beg to differ .

I bought 11 paint chips, a new blending brush and some music festival magazines , I left and went to my next favorite place ,
" Hash tags" which is the best place to buy music.

Stopping in the O's I found the latest vinyl set from Of Monsters And Men and I squealed with joy,

' I've got to get this I have to I can't ' , with a huge smile beaming over my face whist I put it into my hands a voice said to me,

" I know Little Talks is old but it gives me something to think about."

I turned around a tall boy with dirty blonde hair stood before me,

wearing a yellow long sleeve shirt and blue jeans.

his eyes were so pretty , and the sun had shone inside the store and hit them perfectly.

" Yeah, I love how they have a girl/boy dialogue in it, its beautiful." I said to him and I was still staring at his shirt.

He smiled and brushed his hair and it went from one way to the other.

" Hi, I'm Christian."

He held out his hand for me to shake and I did,

For some reason when we did it I felt a tiny spark shoot up my spine and down my back and I smiled back at him.

" Hi, I'm Esten Collswaall" and I looked down because I'd rather not have to tell people my name, it gives off a bad vibe I guess.

" That's a beautiful name, do you come here often?" He asked me browsing in the other albums and he looked at me and I looked away.

" Yeah, this store is like my happy place. Its more of a home." I giggled a bit and continued to look away.

Christian walked over to me and looked me in the eyes,

" I'd like to walk around the city with you tomorrow ... Would you like to come?" He half smiled.

I noticed he had glitter spot on his cheek and I smiled at that.

" yes I'd love to , I'll see you around ." I said to him and bought my album and walked home.