Chapter 1

"HOW COULD YOU?!" Lauren screamed, running a hand through her disheleved, dark hair.

"AFTER EVERYTHING WE'VE BEEN THROUGH YOU..." Her voice began to crack as she struggled to get the last words out, "...you betray me like that,"

"Laur, you have to understand..."

"Understand what?! You fucking cheated on me Dinah!" Lauren continued to shout, leaving the Polynesian lost for words, the girl knew that she had done wrong and didn't see a way of fixing the mess that she'd made.

"Please Lauren, listen to me. It was an accident, I didn't mean for it to happen but one thing..." As the blonde haired girl went to touch Lauren's arm she was yet again cut off with a raspy voice piercing through the air, "DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME!"

Dinah took a step back, startled. "I... I..."

"It wasn't the first time either, was it?" The dark haired girl asked, more calmly now, creating an unnerving atmosphere in the apartment that they shared.

"No." Dinah whispered, allowing a tear to drop to the floor as she hung her head down.

Lauren felt the tears slowly brimming in her eyes as well but she never let people see her cry so grabbed her jacket and stormed out of the apartment, slamming the door and leaving Dinah staring after her.

Lauren didn't know where she was going, she just needed to get somewhere else so began walking. The streets of New York seemed to be relatively empty today as it was quite cold outside but Lauren liked it that way. It seemed as if she had been walking for hours when she pulled out her phone and the screen read that she had nine missed calls from Dinah and an endless amount of text messages. 07:27 pm the time read in the right hand corner of the screen. Still with not much of an idea of what she was doing, she ran into a convenience store to grab a four pack of beer. While paying, a notice on the bulletin board caught her eye.

"Roommate needed. Rent cheap. Call me for details."

Lauren entered the digits into her phone and called the number, sitting down on a bench just outside the shop.

"Hello?" A voice rang from the other end of the line.

Lauren cleared her throat. "Er... hi. I saw your flyer for a roommate and I'm interested in it. Is this a bad time or..."

"Oh no! This is fine!" The cheery voice spoke up. "Would you like to come by now?"

Lauren was shocked at how inviting this stranger was but accepted the offer and was soon pressing the buzzer for what seemed like a pretty nice tower block. It had only just gone eight so Lauren figured that she would have time to look around a bit, get to know the person she could potentially be living with and who knows, have a new home by ten o clock.

"Hi, I'll buzz you up," A voice appeared from the intercom. The door clicked open and Lauren walked up the three flights of stairs to apartment 7. She lightly knocked on the door and within seconds, it was flung open where the raven haired girl was greeted by a slightly smaller girl, wearing tight light blue jeans and a t shirt with a banana printed on it, her hair was tied up into a ponytail and her feet were covered with fluffy yellow socks. She held out her hand and with a small smile said,

"Hi, I'm Camila."