Chapter Nine

"Sorry, you had a little something there,"

Camila's head was spinning. Lauren just fucking kissed her! Keep your cool Camila, keep your cool. She internally screamed. Lauren on the other hand knew exactly what she was doing. Camila's lips tasted like the hot chocolate they had recently finished and the kiss was better then she had anticipated.

"There's still a bit there but I got most of it for you," Lauren smirked, her green eyes focusing back on Camila's lips. The brown eyed girl swiped her tongue across her lips and smiled, walking out of the room to wash the cups while Lauren regretted not kissing her again. As Camila turned the tap on to wash the cups and some stuff from earlier, Lauren came up behind her,

"I'll take care of it, I'm much better now, go watch Friends or something," She smiled, picking up one of the cups and a sponge.

"Thanks," Camila quickly mumbled and quickly scurried back to the living room. Within minutes, the raven haired girl came back into the living room and asked Camila if it was okay if she could use the guitar again.

"Of course," The brown eyed girl spoke, not looking up from the tv, making Lauren frown again. Aimlessly strumming, Lauren decided to improvise, and quietly sang some words.

You helped me up,
When I was down,
You said I'm pretty,
You played with my hair,
And now I'm in despair...

Lauren paused for a moment, slyly glancing up at Camila who was now watching her intently.

And now I'm in despair
Because I want to kiss you again
So if you want to,
Please come over here
And kiss meeeee

Lauren was very happy with her little improv song then suddenly felt warm hands cupping her face as she looked up and was greeted with Camila's warm brown eyes then fireworks as Camila initiated this kiss, leaning forward and pressing her full lips against Lauren's.

Camila couldn't help but smile as she kissed the green eyed beauty who had brought her so much happiness in such a short amount of time.

"I liked your song," The smaller girl whispered, breaking the kiss.

"I like your lips," Lauren husked, capturing Camila's lips in hers once again for another passionate kiss.

"Camila?"

"Yes?"

"Tomorrow night, will you go out with me?"

Camila's breath hitched in her throat when she heard the question slip from Lauren's lips.

"I need to ask you something first though," Camila said, not the answer Lauren was hoping for. Leading the green eyed girl over to the sofa, they both sat down.

"You've only just come out of a relationship," Camila began and Lauren knew what was coming, "I don't want to be a rebound. I want it to be because you find me intriguing or something like that, not because you're missing someone else and craving the human contact,"

"I know what you mean, I'm sorry," Lauren spoke, sadly. "Maybe it is too soon. Give it a week?" The older girl asked hopefully, a glimmer in her eyes.

"Yeah, sure," The younger girl quietly said, squeezing Lauren's hand. "Give it a week," She repeated, partially regretting bringing it up.

After their little talk, Lauren went into her room and unpacked all of her things. She hung up her clothes in the wardrobe and folded some of them to place in the chest of drawers. She quickly organized her art supplies in the three desk drawers and placed her notebooks on top of it. Finally, Lauren set up her speakers and put away the last few bits of her belongings, not realising that it was now eight in the evening. Seeking food, the green eyed girl walked out of her bed room to be greeted by an empty floor plan. As she was about to walk towards the kitchen, a sound coming from Camila's room caught her attention.