Chapter Fifty

"You were fine babe. I'm just happy,"

The next week was spent with everything being unpacked and Lauren anxiously waiting every day for her letter from Cowell's Medical School.

Camila on the other hand, was anxiously awaiting the day that she had to go back Hernandez Dog's and Cats Home. Today.

"Are you sure?" Lauren asked for the twenty seventh time.

"Yes. I was basically harassed and I'm not comfortable working there. If they can't transfer me, then I will resign," Camila defiantly said.

"Okay babe, call me if you need anything,"Lauren said, giving Camila a passionate kiss before the brown eyed girl walked out of the door, leaving Lauren and her restless self alone.

"Camila! You're here early!" Ally beamed when Camila walked into the building. 

"I need to talk to you about something," Camila said and Ally noticed her serious tone so led Camila to her office.

"Have a seat and talk to me. Biscuit?" Ally offered and Camila took one and began to talk. She told her boss all about the Christmas party. About Normani and Shay. And Ally sat there listening to every single detail.

"I had no idea of this," Ally admitted, an unreadable expression on her face. "Firstly, I would like to apologize on behalf of your fellow colleagues and I completely understand as to why you want a transfer. However, you are one of my most efficient workers and even after only a week of you working here, I could see great potential in you," Ally said, an extremely small smile creeping onto her face. "Do you know where Cowell Medical School is?" Ally asked and confusion flashed across Camila's face. That's where Lauren was applyi-

"Oh no! I'm not sending you to the school," Ally laughed brightly. "I'm just saying, that near the school, literally two minutes away, there's a new branch of Hernandez Dog's and Cats Home opening. We're looking for a manager for the department," Camila's eyes instantly lit up.

"Now I'm not saying that you will get the job, there are other positions available as well, but I would push for you to go for it. Honestly. And you'd still see me a lot of the time," Ally said, a gentle smile on her face.

"Can I have a form?" Camila asked happily.

"Of course. Fill it in now, it's not too different to your other one and I already have your cv. The branch actually opens next week but what I would like you to do is you can have today, tomorrow and Wednesday off and Thursday and Friday you'll be with me. I can already guarantee you a job there, same as this position but this is for a higher one. I don't think there's much else," Ally said, sighing happily as Camila handed the form back. "You can go if you want," Ally said and Camila thanked the smaller woman many times before leaving the building.

And running into someone that she didn't want to see.

Shay.

"Long time no see," Shay said, approaching Camila with a small smirk plastered on her face.

"I'm not talking to you," Camila said, disregarding the tanned girl and walking off.

"But I'm talking to you," Shay said demandingly, pulling Camila back. "I've missed your eyes," Shay flirted, stroking Camila's cheek gently with a firm grip still on her wrist.

"Let go Shay," Camila said through gritted teeth.

"Or what?" Shay taunted. "Cut the bull shit Camila. You know you want to be with me," She said and Camila repeatedly tried to move back but Shay's grip was too strong. "You know what Camila, I think that-" Shay stopped speaking when she heard a cars engine nearby but when it stopped, she continued to taunt Camila.