Chapter 10

"Distraction tactic!"

After that encounter that the two girls shared, Camila REALLY regretted mentioning that she didn't want to be a rebound but they kissed so there was more hope and damn Camila liked kissing Lauren. Her lips were so soft and delicate yet they felt powerful.

"You don't want anymore?" Lauren asked mockingly from the other side of the room, eating the popcorn.

Camila began to pout, "Yes I do," She mumbled, slowly making her way over to Lauren with puppy dog eyes and her signature pout.

"I'm not looking at you, your pout won't work," The older girl defined, turning around. Big mistake.

Camila took the perfect opportunity and ran up behind Lauren, jumping onto her back, making any of the left over popcorn fall to the floor. Squealing with laughter, Camila strategically wrapped her legs around the taller girls waist, her arms draped around her shoulders.

"Get off!!" Lauren shouted through laughter, but the two words had no effect on Camila who stayed glued to the older girls back.

"Noooo!" The brown eyed girl giggled, not remembering the last time that she had had this much fun in such childish manners.

"Karla, I'm so serious," The green eyed girl muttered but then burst into laughter straight after she had said it because of the humongous frown that was now on Camila's face.

"I said that if you called me that I would have to kill you," The younger Latina mentioned, tightening her grip around Lauren's neck playfully.

"Good luck with that!" Lauren shouted, quickly spinning around and making Camila drop off of her back and onto the sofa. Pinning her down, the green eyed girl devishly smirked as Camila admitted defeat, her chest slowly going up and down.

"I win," Lauren smiled, sitting back down and looking at the tv. The brown eyed girl sat up and glanced at the screen just as a scary bit popped up.

"Holy shit!" Camila screamed jumping onto Lauren who just laughed at the younger girls reaction.

"It wasn't that scary," Lauren cooed, instinctively wrapping her arms around Camila's waist.

"Woah, you really did get scared," Lauren noticed Camila's shaky breaths and quickened pulse so switched the screen off with the remote and combed her fingers through the younger girls hair.

"I'm sorry, Camz. I didn't know that it would scare you that much otherwise I wouldn't have put it on," The brown eyed girl slowly lifted her head up to look into the green eyes currently full of concern, smiling ever so slightly at the sound of her nickname.

"It's okay, you weren't to know," Camila quietly said.

"Distraction tactic," Lauren whispered and before Camila could say anything else, she felt a pair of soft lips pressing against hers, causing the younger one to sigh happily. The green eyed girl placed one hand on Camila's cheek, stroking it softly and deepening the kiss.

You da one that I dream about all day,
You da one...

"The fuck does she want?" Lauren groaned, reaching over to pick up her phone and to Camila's despair answering it.

"Yes Dinah?" Camila felt her breath hitch in her throat when she realised who Lauren was talking to so slowly stood up and began picking up some of the popcorn from the floor.

"Dinah, I told you," The green eyed girl hissed, "I don't fucking live with you anymore, I've moved out, you're nothing to me now. Good bye."

And with that, Lauren hung up the phone and chucked it onto the sofa but the small device bounced off and landed on Camila's head.

"Ow," The small voice muttered from the ground.

"Watcha doing down there?" Lauren asked, not knowing that the younger girl was on the floor.

"Picking up your mess, Camila replied.

"Not just mine, I'll help," The green eyed girl said, quickly joining Camila on the floor and picking up pieces of popcorn. The two girls were silent after the phone conversation when Camila decided to break it.

"Are you okay?" She carefully asked, "You know, with the whole Dinah thing and whatnot,"

Lauren stood up and emptied the popcorn she had collected into the bin, planning her answer.

"Yeah, I guess, kind of. I mean she told me that she already met another girl so that's two since me, well one during me and one after. She said some other degrading stuff about me but I'm trying not to think about," The green eyed girl fell quiet for a moment, "I have my distraction tactics," she winked before disappearing into the kitchen to get a cup of water.

Camila followed behind her, pushing herself up onto the counter.

"The thing is," The younger girl began, running a hand through her hair, "The second girl... is me," Lauren froze, looking at the the girl who was currently avoiding eye contact.

"But it's not like that I swear," Camila quickly defended herself, "When I went to get your soup and crackers for you she was in the shop and wrote her number on paper and gave it to me. She wrote Dinah Dime on it with two kisses and I instantly knew who it was, I don't even have the paper any more, I promise," The younger girl babbled, not noticing Lauren approach and place a hand on Camila's knee.

"It's fine, she can do what she wants, I don't care, as long as you don't get involved with her then it'll be all good," The older girl smiled, leaving the room and deciding to sit on the floor with her legs stretched out in front of her.

"Camila?" Lauren called.

"Yeah?" The brown eyed girl replied, wandering into the living room.

"Are you okay? I think I heard you crying earlier, I'm not sure, I just wanted to make sure that you were alright,"

"Hmm," Camila mumbled.

"Wanna talk about it?" The porcelain skinned girl, holding a hand out for Camila to take hold of and sit down with her. "Camz?" Lauren spoke, stretching her hand out further until Camila took it in her, settling down.

"I was just thinking about my ex and what I went through a few months and just how different I am now really. And I kinda miss Sofi," Lauren furrowed her eyebrows at the mention of this name, "My younger sister," Camila confirmed, resting her head against Lauren's shoulder, feeling her eyes get slightly watery.

"Smile for me," Lauren said in a hushed town, noticing the younger girls struggle to hold back tears, wrapping an arm around Camila's waist and pulling her in closer. Suddenly, a light tinkly sound could be heard coming from Camila's phone, making the smaller gasp quietly.

"11:11, make a wish," She whispered, briefly closing her eyes, then reopening them, looking at Lauren.

"Did you make a wish?" She asked in the same hushed tone, and happily watched as Lauren closed her eyes the same as Camila had done to make a wish. The green orbs opened again and focused on the smaller girls lips, giving away to Camila what she had wished for so the brown eyed girl leant up, closing the gap in between them with a sweet kiss she had become so accustomed to.

"My wish came true," Lauren whispered against Camila's lips, sending shivers down the younger girls spine.

"Same," Camila smiled, closing the distance once more and running her fingers through Lauren's dark silky locks.

The brown eyed girl then rested her head once again on Lauren's shoulder, sighing contentedly and looping her arm around the older girls and before she knew it, Camila had fallen to sleep, leaving Lauren unashamedly staring at the beautiful younger girl. Her face structure, lips, nose, eye lashes, jawline. Before Lauren allowed sleep to take over her body, she placed a gentle kiss on Camila's forehead, whispering,

"Sweet dreams, Camz,"