Chapter Forty Four

"Merry fucking Christmas,"

Lauren was grabbing all of the clothes from her wardrobe that she had just hung up and was chucking them in her suitcase carelessly, hot tears spilling from her eyes.

"Babe, please calm down," Camila said quietly as she watched her girlfriend stuff her clothes into the case.

"I will when we've left here," Lauren said, roughly pulling the zip across. "Get your shoes on then we'll go," The green eyed girl said, not giving Camila a chance to negotiate. Camila wasn't sure if she should try to persuade Lauren to stay or to just get ready. Maybe Lauren should try to fix things however the way that she was treated was horrible so Camila decided to tug her shoes on and quietly wait for Lauren who had dashed across the hall.

"...and if anything else happens, call me or come find me. Camz and I will be staying at the Steinfeld Hotel," Lauren finished explaining to Chris.

"Okay, thanks sis and I am sorry tha-"

"Save it," Lauren interrupted, walking back to Camila and grabbing her bag from the floor. "Let's go," Lauren said, making her way down the stairs with Camila following quietly behind. "Goodbye. We might come back but who knows!" Lauren shouted before slamming the door roughly and heading straight down the driveway. "Fucking imbeciles," Lauren cursed as she stormed off down the street.

"Babe, please calm down. I hate seeing you like this," Camila said quietly as she struggled to keep up with Lauren.

"What?" Lauren said angrily whipping her head round in fury but she paused to look at her surroundings and when her eyes fell on Camila and the frightened look in her eyes, she dropped her bags and pulled the younger girl into a hug. "Baby I'm sorry," Lauren whispered. "I just want to get away from here," She said, an apologetic tone to her voice. "Please, can we just go?" She begged, staring hopelessly into the brown eyes opposite her.

"Okay. Where are we going?" Camila asked after giving Lauren a soft kiss on the lips.

"Steinfeld Hotel. I used to go there a lot," Lauren explained,  beginning to walk down the street, thankfully in the opposite direction to the memorial. "It's not too long of a journey," The older girl said. The side of her face where she had been slapped was still a light shade of red and every now and then, a tear would slip from her eye and Lauren would roughly wipe it away.

"Are we nearly there?" Camila asked, her arms becoming fatigued from her suitcase.

"I'm sorry babe. About two more minutes," Lauren said, keeping her head forward.

"Okay, we're here," Lauren said as she approached a large, red bricked building.

"Aw, it's cute here," Camila smiled, looking at the exterior of the building.

"Come on," Lauren said, leading her girlfriend through the double doors and to the main desk.

"Lauren? Lauren Jauregui?!" A voice rang out, grabbing the green eyed girls attention.

"No way! Hailee!" Lauren exclaimed hugging the girl opposite her. "How've you been?" She asked, a large grin on her face.

"Great! How are you? What brings you here?" Hailee asked excitedly.

"I've been good and please say that there is a room free," Lauren said, leaning against the desk while Hailee typed something on the computer. 

"Just for you?" The girl asked.

"No for two. This is my girlfriend, Camila," Lauren said,  holding her hand out for Camila to take hold of. "Camz, this is Hailee, her parents run this place and they would normally let me stay here when I've been kicked out before," Lauren explained. "Speaking of, where are your parents?"Lauren asked.