Chapter 42

"Ah, hija, you've got so beautiful,"

Lauren practically ran up to her dad and hugged him so tightly with her eyes squeezed shut.

"I've missed you so much," Lauren spoke, barely above a whisper.

"I've missed you too," He said, holding tightly onto his daughter.

"Erm, dad, this is Camila," Lauren said, wiping a few tears from her eyes and holding her hand out for Camila to take. "My-"

"Lauren! You're here!" Lauren's mother then walked into the kitchen with a grin on her face. "How are you cariño? Was your flight good?" She asked, hugging Lauren gently. Lauren wasn't used to her mother being so loving so quickly answered the questions and again introduced Camila.

"Hola, Camila," Clara said, smiling softly at the brown eyed girl. "How are you feeling?" Lauren's mother asked, referring to the situation with Sofi.

"I'm okay," Camila smiled sadly, glancing at Lauren who was quick to intertwine their fingers. Clara glanced down at their hands but decided to go against bringing it up.

"Have some of my cookies, fresh out of the oven," Clara said, pushing a plate in front of Camila. "Take a seat, take a seat," She said, pointing to the chairs which Lauren and Camila sat down on, both taking a cookie and biting into it.

"These are amazing!"Camila smiled, eagerly taking another bite.

"They're really great mama," Lauren said as Chris came along and took three of them. Camila glared at the boy earning a side glance from Lauren but then she remembered. Clara strongly believes that it was Chris driving the car that hit Sofi. How could I be so stupid?! Lauren cursed internally.

"Why thank you," Clara smiled softly, handing the two girls a glass each. "What would you like to drink? Lemonade, water, juice, banana or strawberry milkshake?"

"Banana milkshake please!" Camila asked enthusiastically.

"Strawberry please," Lauren said, giggling at her girlfriend. As soon as her glass was filled, Camila began to drink the cold beverage in one go.

"Aah!" She smiled happily when she finished the drink, placing the glass down in front of her and earning amused looks from the Jauregui's.

"You're going to be staying in Lauren's old room, I hope that's okay with you Camila," Clara said, placing the used cups in the sink and swatting Chris's hand away from the biscuits.  Taylor had a funny look on her face when her mother mentioned the room arrangements. Obviously Clara hadn't realised the relationship between the girls and part of Lauren wanted to keep it that way as her mother was always funny when it came to her girlfriends. Luckily everyone seemed to like Camila.

"Yeah, that's okay," Camila smiled politely, looking at Lauren with a stupid grin on her face.

"Actually, can we go and unpack now?" Lauren asked, standing up from her chair.

"Of course, sweetie," Clara said, offering the plate of cookies once more before the two girls disappeared up the stairs.

"Oh my gosh, Lauren, you were so cute!" Camila gushed, looking at all of the old photos scattered on the walls.

"Was?" Lauren questioned, acting offended.

"Yeah. Was," Camila confirmed, a cheeky grin on her face but Lauren elbowed her in the side with a pout on her face. "I'm sorry. You are the most adorable human being in the entire world and I love you," Camila smiled, pulling Lauren into her for a soft kiss.

"Hm," Lauren mumbled, using all of her willpower to move away and carry walking up the stairs to her old room.

"Heeyy!" Camila whined, following Lauren up and nearly tripping over her bag. "Which one did you go in?" Camila asked, looking at the three different doors. One had black warning tape on it so guessed that was Chris. But she wasn't sure between the two rooms where both had small mirrored hearts on it. "Babe! Come on," Camila called from the hallway. "Maybe I'll just go home,"