We Dont Work- But Thats Why I Love You (Levi + Reader)

Levi + Reader (Part One)
We Don't Work- But That's Why I Love You.

It was all stress. Only a few more hours till (Y/n)'s first expedition with the Survey Corps. Joining The Wings of freedom was her dream. Now it's her nightmare.

"(Y/n)," Levi called out to the girl. "Yes Corporal?" He gave her a look of guilt. They've been fighting constantly about (Y/n)'s safety.
He wants her by his side, but she insists she'll be okay. She's angry at him because she feels Levi thinks she's helpless. Just another damsel in distress. 'Bullshit...' (Y/n) thought again thinking about what happened earlier.

"Please (Y/n), stop with the formalities. I'm for fucking boyfriend for God's sake." She gave him a look. "Whatever, is there something you want Levi?" He sighed. "Please listen to me... Stay with me... Just this one time."
She huffed, "Why should I?!" Levi crossed his arms. "Because I don't want to loose you!" He burst. Her eyes widened. "Fuck (Y/n)... I don't..." He trailed off looking at the ground. "I don't want you to end up like Isabel or Farlan." He spoke softly.

"I'm sorry Levi..." She gave him a hug. "I'll stay with you." He returned the hug, relief spread across his handsome features. "Thank you... (Y/n)..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"LEVI!" She screamed out. "WATCH OUT!" (Y/n) flew through the cold air, slicing at a titan's hand. The monster screamed, and withdrew its arm. Some of the people in your squad attacked the monster as you went to Levi.
You landed on the ground, feet splashing in the mud puddles. Rain was pouring down from the grey sky. "Levi!" You knelt next to the black haired man. "Are you okay?!" He hazily looked up at you. "(Y/n), I'm fine.... Take the squad.... Get them out of here.... I'll catch up."

"No!" You raised your voice, heart beating faster. "Hell no! You're in my squad too, I'm not leaving you behind." He chuckled softly, "Be careful." He closed his eyes. "LEVI!"

"LEVI!"
"LEVI!"
"OPEN YOUR EYES!"
"Please.... We have to go now!"

"Please...."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n's P.O.V

It's been a month since Levi went unconscious. I've been visiting him every single day, hoping that I can see his beautiful grey eyes again. I sat in the chair next to his bed, holding his hand.
"I really miss you, ya know." I smiled softly at his sleeping form. "I hope you can hear me..." The door opened, and Hanji walked in. "Oh, (y/n)! You're still here?" She walked to the medicine cabinet and pulled out some supplies. "Yeah... I guess I just got lost in thought."

She smiled at me. "Don't worry (Y/n), he'll wake up soon. Shorty's a tough midget." I laughed softly. "I don't doubt it Hanji." She chuckled and walked to the door, "Call me if you need anything (Y/n). Take it easy!" She waved.

The bed shifted slightly. My head whipped back towards the bed. His eyes opened. "Levi..." My eyes widened.
"(Y/n)..." His hand went to my cheek and cupped it softly. I put my hand on his and closed my eyes.
"You're awake..." Tears spilled from my (e/c) eyes. "You're awake!" I hugged him like my life depended on it. "(Y/n), beautiful (Y/n)..." He kissed my forehead.

"I've missed you so much." I nuzzled into his neck. "How long was I out?" Levi asked quietly. "A month and a half." He sat up, "Damn..."
"You scared me at first." I admitted. "I thought you were going to leave me."

"Not for the world." He gave me a rare smile. I blushed....

But one thing kept going through my mind. "Why did you do it?" I asked. "Do what?" He looked me in the eyes. "Why'd you jump in the way and get hit?!" I glared at the sheets of the bed.
"Because if I didn't, you would've."

"You put me in a position where I have to defend you, freakin back your decisions up- and keep everyone safe! Again! Where I have to bend my morals. Again! Where I have to go against everything single thing I believe in. Just to keep my squad alive. I left you at a tree, killed the titans, and sent my squad to get help! BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" I let it out. I told him.

"Then stop loving me!" He was serious. I was shocked. "I can't!" I yelled. "Well then, that's the problem! We don't work!" Levi said, I looked at the floor. "I know..." I choked.

"Then we agree... This... This is where it ends..." I felt tears well up again. "It just did." I showed no emotion. I sat up straight. He got up from the bed and ran a hand through his hair. I looked away.

"It's over... We're over." I spoke. I turned to him, he had his eyes shrouded with his hair. I inhaled, rubbing my face. The tension was building up, all I could hear was our breathing.

He looked up at me, and took a step closer. He lifted my chin and glared at me. I glared back, and he did the unexpected.

Our lips moved in sync, angry, but passionate. I wrapped my arms around him. I let the kiss control my emotions. He pulled away and looked at me. I didn't know what to say. "I love you. I love you. I love you." He repeated. "I promise... I won't do anything stupid ever again... I'm so sorry."
I closed my eyes. "It's okay... It's okay..." The silence surrounds us. "I love you too."

________________________
Okay! Whoo! First one shot done! That was a little bit... Dramatic... I got the idea for this story from a video I watched on YouTube! :D
I'll have part two posted by the end of today! I hope you enjoyed!!!

-OfficiallyPotatoGirl