Fireworks (Eren + Reader)

Fireworks
Eren + Reader
Modern AU

(Y/n)'s POV

"ERENNNNN!" I screeched, running down the hallway. I, (Y/n) (L/n), have just broken into my best friend's house. Totally not illegal.

I burst down the door to his bedroom and jumped on the lump hidden in the bed. I quickly snatched the covers off. He was facing the door, in a longsleeve blue shirt, his key necklace lied beside him- sleeping. "Come on Eren!!" I hastily shook his sleeping frame. "Come on, come on, come on, come o-" His golden eyes shot open.

"FOR THE LOVE OF PINEAPPLES!"

The seventeen year old shot up from his comfy position in his bed, glaring at me. "Heh, heh." I scratched the back of my neck, sheepishly. Eren's bed head was so cute, but I can't say that out loud.

I've had a crush on him for the longest time now.... But I don't think he feels the same....

I got off the bed and dusted my shorts off and fixed my (h/l) h/c) hair. "Get up lazy butt! We've got a whole day planned!" He groaned and flopped back into the pillow. "Why......... Do.... I....?" He mumbled.

"It's my birthday." I grumbled and crossed my arms, pouting. That's right folks! The Fourth of July, is my birthday.

Eren's POV

My eyes widened. How could I forget?!

I jumped out of bed and made a beeline to the bathroom, getting dressed as fast as I could. I quickly combed out my hair and brushed my teeth.

"Hey, Eren? You want me to make lunch?" (Y/n) called from outside. "Nah, (Y/n), today you shall be treated." I stepped out of the bathroom- after one last time of checking my appearance.

I slept in waaaaayyyy to late.

"Come on let's go!" I grabber her hand and we ran down the stairs. "I've got big plans for today. Say, what's the time?"

(Y/n) looked at her phone, "It's 13:24, why? (1:00 for those who don't know military time.)" I face palmed, "Military time? Really...?" She shrugged. Well, we still have time...

=LE TIME SKIP to 8:30/20:30=

(Y/n)'s POV

I laughed and sat down next to Eren. "I had something way different planned.... But that was much better."

Eren grinned and ruffled my hair, "Yeah? Well I'm glad you had fun... But-" I turned to him curiously, "the night hasn't even begun!"

Suddenly, a noise that sounded like a rocket cracked the calm silence. A bright fury of colors erupted before my eyes.

"Woah!" My eyes widened. "They're so pretty!" Eren laughed. Fireworks. He kept me at the carnival the whole day, to stay for fireworks. We always used to come here as kids and watch the summer fireworks, but for some reason- they look more magical tonight.

I turned my head to Eren, who was already looking at me with a big smile on his face. "They're not as pretty as you." My face went as red as the red fireworks. This can't be happening... The guy I have had a crush on for the past years, just told me I'm pretty....

"I- uhhhhhh..... Thank you...." I tried to hide my face with my hair. He laughed and softly lifted my chin. "I mean it."

An electric spark shocked my lips. I sat there, on the hill, while fireworks are going off, kissing my best friend. Wait....

IM KISSING EREN!!!!!! OMG!!!!

I smiled and kissed back. We parted, and I studied his face. "(Y/n), I've been keeping this from you for a while now-"

I cut him off. "I love you too." He smiled.

______NOT EDITED YET______

That was requested by eren_skittles_and_me !!!! Thank you so much for the request, and I hope you liked it!!!! Keep on requesting, I'll have more chapters posted later on! (And sorry for the wait I've been a wee bit busy.)

-OfficiallyPotatoGirl