A New Year (Ciel + Reader)

A New Year
Older! Ciel + Reader
(this is one of my old one-shots that I wrote a long time ago, I hope you enjoy!)

Just any other day in the Phantomhive manor- get up at six, sleep at nine- basically the usual routine. Except, something is different about today...

"Good morning Miss (y/n)!) Sebastian smiled at me. "Oh, pardon me- I didn't see you there Sebastian! Good morning indeed!" (Y/n) smiled politely. "So, do you know what day it is today?" Hmm why no, she doesn't. "I don't seem to remember... The fourteenth I believe- Ohh..."

December fourteenth. Dear lord, it's Ciel Phantomhive's birthday.

(Y/n) fidgeted. "It's the master's birthday!" She cheered. "Mmhm. Finally someone else remembers." Sebastian sighed and put a hand to his forehead.

"So boss, what are we planning for today?" The younger girl smiled brightly. "Nothing."

"NOTHING?!?!?!"

"Sebastian you moron!" (Y/n) sighed dramatically. "We need to plan a party! It's the master's birthday!" Sebastian's wide eyes questioned the girl's sudden outburst. "Well then... What do you suppose we do?" He raised an eyebrow.

"A party?"

"We did that last year."

"Hmm okay... A ball?"

"Two years ago."

"Okay then, a small friendly get together?"

"Perfect. I'll start planning-"

"No Sebastian, let us start planning! I have wonderful ideas~" (y/n) buzzed with excitement.

"(Y/n), are you feeling alright?" He chuckled. "Splendid!" She jumped happily. "Alright, let's go get to work."

"Get to work on what?" A new voice spoke from the other side of the hallway. "Ciel!" (Y/n) jumped. "I mean Master- good morning. I suppose you slept well?" She tidied her appearance, and smiled softly at the soon to be 17 year old.

"Just peachy." He offered a small smile- which was a very rare sight to sore eyes. (Y/n) blushed a light shade of pink, which made Sebastian grin in amusement.

"So what's for breakfast? I'm starving." He turned his attention to Sebastian. "Today we have-" they walked off to the dining room.

(Y/n) sighed in relief, putting a hand to her chest. "Thank goodness the master is in a good mood today, because he is going to get the surprise of a lifetime." A triumphant smile plastered the girl's face as she went to work. Yes, thank goodness Ciel is in a good mood.

=Time skip to Sebastian and (Y/n) working on the party=

"No, no- Sebastian you have it all wrong!"

"What do you mean?! It looks flawless!"

"It's supposed to be fun, not fancy! Do it more like this-"

"Ah yes, I see. Alright, let me try again."

"Yes, yes there you go! You've got it!"

"Uhh... May I ask, but what in the world are you two doing?" Finny walked into the room with a curious step. "Good, Finny, you're here." (Y/n) looked down at him from the ladder. "I must ask a favor from you."