Flesh!! (Kaneki + Reader) Tokyo Ghoul

My heart skipped a beat.

No way... This cannot be happening...

I panicked, shuffling backwards hoping to not be noticed.

My eyes became cloudy as I watched the scene in front of me, when suddenly-

How did this happen? What's going on? HAH. I BET you'd like to know. Okay, fine, I'll tell you.

Well, I'm kinda a nerd who writes fanfiction for a living about ghouls in my city. Weird, huh? Currently, I just finished a chapter about this girl seeing her crush as a ghoul for the first time. Then I ended it with a cliffhanger. HAH, my readers must hate me.

Oh! Right, you're probably not from around here! Ghouls are these flesh eaters who kill people because they have to eat human flesh to survive. They can't have normal food like humans because it makes them throw up and it doesn't taste good to them. Thats the non-science way of explaining what a ghoul is. You'd have to see it to believe it.

I rolled around on my bed, tired from working my thinker (brain) and my hands. Hungry, I get up and walk to my boyfriend and only true love. The fridge. Ah yes, how magical you are. "Oi! (Y/n)!"

"Hmm?" I barely see the figure running at me, then I find myself on the ground. Groaning, I get up and rub my tailbone. "What the actual frick? (BFF) smiles and gets up as well. "DUUUUDDDEEEE! I saw He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named earlier!!! He asked how you were, and I literally died!" I face palmed. (BFF) was talking about my crush, Kaneki Ken. So much for not being obvious about my crush. "HERE'S THE BEST PART! HE WANTS TO TAKE YOU OUT FOR SOME FOOD." Another face palm. "(BFF), you mean dinner?" She/He nodded like an insane person, the biggest smile on their face.

"Jesus, you're crazy." I sighed, smiling at my best friend. "He said he'll text you!" Oh no. Kaneki is going to text me?! My feet moved on their own as I scrambled back upstairs and into my room, slamming the door behind me. I grabbed my phone, wide eyed and stared at it expectantly.

5 Minutes in:

I wonder if it's true???

10 Minutes in:

Maybe he's just late?

20 Minutes in:

*on computer, glancing every once and a while at phone*

30 Minutes in:

OKAY THIS IS STUPID! OBVIOUSLY HE'S NOT GOING TO TEX-

*ding*

You're not serious. My hand shot for my phone.

Kaneki

Hey, (Y/n). How are you?

No freaking way, did he actually just text me? Was (BFF) actually right for once??

Hi Kaneki, I'm good. (BFF) told me you were going to message me. What's up?

Oh, nothing much. I just wanted to give you a reason... as to why I don't hang around with you anymore.

A while back, Kaneki completely stopped hanging out with me, which also stopped any communication between us. It was really upsetting for me, but I'm sure he has his reasons why. For a week or so he also stopped going to school entirely. And now he's talking to me?