Chapter 5

"Do you think dad is dead?" I look at Carl staring at his hands.

"Why are you asking me that?" he turn around to face me and shrugged.

"I had a dream of him"

"What did he say to you?" I ask.

"He said he was proud of me and I have to always take care of you" Carl said with a little smile. I hug him quickly before getting up.

"I think we should go check if Carol needs help with dinner." I grab his hand and walk out the tent. It was sunny and hot. Luckily we had tank tops to keep us cool. We walk to Carol who was cooking and Sophia colouring.

"We came to help" I smiled. Carol didn't look up at me.

"Carol what's wrong?" I ask trying to look at her but she kept her head down.

"Fine I'll leave" I pretend to leave when she turned around.

"What did he do to you!" I yell angrily. She had a bruise under her eye.

"Please don't say anything" she begged.

"I should kill him"

"Elena" Carl grabbed my hand stopping me from doing something stupid.

Instead of yelling, I grabbed the stick from Carol and helped with dinner.

Everyone ate and we're doing their things. Dale and Shane were fixing the RV while the rest were sitting around. I watch Carl laugh with Sophia at the joke I told them. Carol was with Ed and Andrea's sister Amy was lying down.

I'm worried about everyone. They left in the morning and haven't been back. They couldn't take that long just getting food and weapons.

I wonder what's keeping them so long.

Out of nowhere I hear a loud alarm. It was getting closer and closer. I look at Shane who was also looking around.

"Dale go up the RV!" Shane yelled.

"It looks like a red car" Dale yelled back. It was getting closer till we saw two cars coming towards us.

Must be them.

I grab Carl by the hand and pulled him to me. Every time they go for a hunt he believes Rick will be with them. I tried to tell him he couldn't but.....

"Shut it off!" Shane yelled to Glenn who was driving the red car.

"I can't! I don't how too!"

"Pop the hood" Dale yells walking down the stairs.

They finally shut it off. I was about to take Carl back to the tent when Andrea came out of the back of the white truck and ran to her sister.

"DAD!" I look at Carl yelling. I look at the truck and see Rick standing there in his sheriff suit.

He couldn't believe it was us. Carl ran towards him. I couldn't move. My body was in shock.

Rick is alive. Rick is alive!!!

"Elena" he managed to say before hugging me.

"Rick this can't be true" I whispered hugging him so tight.

"It is Lena" we stood there for what seemed a lifetime.

I took him to the tent while Carl stayed with Carol.

"You look like you haven't been in a coma" I said. Rick sat down beside me and kissed my forehead.

"I missed you" he whispered. I smile feeling my cheeks burn.

"Me too" he leaned in for a kiss. Our lips moved slowly taking in each other. Rick chuckled before stopping.

"I heard you in the hospital." He says.

Wait he heard me?

Is he going to say it?

No why would he. We said we were going to take things slow for Carl.

"I'm sorry Rick I know we-"

He puts his hand up stopping me from talking.

"I love you too" he says with a smile.

"What?" Did he say what I think he said?

"I love you Elena" he says again.

"You do?" I said stupidly.

"Yes I do. You stole my heart. I thought after Lori died I would never love again and you came in my life and changed that. You're amazing with Carl. He loves you. Thank you for protecting him. I'll be forever in debt with you"

"Don't thank me Rick, I love Carl and I will always keep him safe. Now I think you can thank me by taking your shirt off" I smirk as he laughed.

He got up and started taking his shirt off. He smirked gently pushing me on the bed.

"Are you telling me Merle is up on the roof....hand cuffed?" I look at Rick and Glenn. They just nod.

"Who's going to tell him?" I know Daryl and he will freak out. Merle is his only brother.

"I say you" Glenn says pointing at me.

"What! no why me?" I knew the answer but I really don't want to tell him.

"From what Glenn and the rest tell me you are the only one who can talk to him" Rick says drinking some water.

"Fine" I get up and walk straight to the woods where he hunts.

"Daryl?" I yell waiting for a response.

"He isn't here" I jump up backing away from Shane.

"Where is he?" I cross my arms.

"He left in the morning and hasn't been back" he says looking at his gun.

I gulp down nervously. Rick was too far to yell for.

"Did you tell him?" Shane says.

"Tell him what?" I wasn't going to tell Rick about Shane raping me. He might kill him.

"About us being together" I look at him confused.

"Us being together? What are you talking about" does Shane really think I'm into him?

"That we made love" he says making my stomach turn.

"I never wanted to be with you in the first place. You forced me to be with you. You raped me" I hold in the tears. I don't want to cry in front of him.

"I did not. You could've just said no" he says making me laugh.

"I did tell you. I yelled for help. I cried for you to stop but you just smiled and whispered you like it. After struggling you kept going" I yell taking out my knife and press it against his throat.

He froze putting his hands up in surrender.

"I should kill you now but I won't because your worthless. You're nothing but a monster and if you think for one minute I'm into you you're a fucking idiot" I whisper angry.

"Is everything okay here?" I see Rick standing behind Shane.

"Yeah just fine" I give him a death look before putting away my knife. I walk to Rick and grab his hand.

Rick looked at Shane confused but I pulled him back to the camp.

{{comment what you think? Shane is crazy. He can't get the hint Elena hates him. How was Rick and Elena's reunion? They cute. I'm working on the next chapter.... ALSO sorry this sucks :/ }}