Chapter 16

"Elena?" I hear Rick calling for me but I stayed quiet. I was kneeling on the ground throwing up. I started getting morning sickness and I hate it. I wanted to ask Carol what should I do but she was still grieving.

"Elena I'm getting worried. You've been gone for a while." Rick says worried. "I'm here." I yell out leaning against the tree. Rick appeared in front of me.

"I've thrown up three times now. My stomach hurts." I said feeling weak. Rick held my hand and helped me up. He wrapped his arm around my waist and takes me back to the farm. Daryl and Glenn notices and ran towards us.

"Is she bit?" Daryl mumbled to Rick.

"No just morning sickness" Rick with the help of Daryl helped me get in the tent.

"I need to see Carol and help Maggie with the dinner." I said trying to get up but I felt everything move around.

"No you lay down and rest. I'll see if I can get Glenn to get some crackers or something for your stomach." Rick says giving me a soft kiss on the lips and left Daryl and I alone.

"You were gone all day yesterday." I said looking at Daryl.

"Yeah.....it's not like those people missed me." He mumbled.

"I missed you. You were suppose to teach me how to hunt for squirrels." I said with a smile. He looked at me and chuckled.

"I don't want to have a baby anymore." I mumbled. I've wanted to tell Rick how I felt but he's so happy to have another kid. After what happened to Carl and now Carols daughter Sophia I'm just terrified. Terrified my baby will get hurt growing up in this world.

"Because of Sophia?" He looked at his hands.

"Yeah.......how's a kid suppose to survive in this world? What if I die during birth? I can't leave the responsibility all to Rick. I think it's the hormones making me feel this way." I felt my heart race. I breathe in and out. Another panic attack in less than 30 minutes.

"You can't know for sure what's going to happen in the future. All you need to know that you and the baby will be protected. By Rick and by the group. You won't be alone Elena." Daryl gave me a reassuring smile and got up. He's right. I make myself comfortable and closed my eyes. And for the first time since I found out I'm pregnant I could sleep peacefully.

A few weeks later. After the death of Dale everyone has been on edge. Shane changed so much. He was different towards Rick. Like if Rick was the enemy.

"You got your gun?" I ask Carl who nodded. I grab my gun and knife and walk towards the farm. Beth said she had a little surprise for me. Rick and Daryl went for a run to three towns over. He left Shane in charge. Shane keeps waiting to talk to me about the baby. How the baby should know the father and how Rick deserves to know the truth. I tell him to fuck off every chance I get.

"Surprise!" Beth and Maggie screamed. I slightly jump up and smiled. They pointed to little bassinet.

"Glenn found it yesterday. And some baby clothes." Maggie hands me a pack back with baby clothes and two blankets.

"Thanks guys!" I hug them and look at the clothes. A few girl and boy clothes. Some had little trucks, little baby bottles and little butterflies on them. We finished burning the last walker. I told Carl to go back home just in case Rick comes back. I close up the barn and walk back alone. I was showing a little bump already. Daryl and Glenn got me an ultrasound machine. Hershel said everything looked good. The baby is the size of a little peach.