Chapter 15

I climb down the steps with my bag and Carl's. Rick grabbed them from me and held my hand.

"We should make dinner for the Greene's. Give them thanks for everything and letting us stay for a while." Rick says opening the tent we'll be staying in.

"Daryl found an inflatable bed for you. Said you'll need it for your back." Rick shrugged. We told mostly everyone but Shane and Andrea. Carol for the first time actually smiled and said she was happy. We still haven't found Sophia. It's been almost a month and a half. Carol lost all hopes but Daryl hasn't.

"I am not ready for cravings. I can't get a chocolate cake just for me." I chuckled sitting on the bed.

"Elena!" Carl came running in the tent screaming.

"What's wrong?" I said getting worried. Did his wound open? Did he hurt himself again?

"I thought you weren't gonna sleep here with us." Carl says hugging me tightly.

"Where else would she go?" Rick chuckled.

"I thought because Elena is having a baby, she would need a real bed for her back." Carl said with a shrug.

"This bed is better than the one inside." I said reassuring him that I won't leave him. Carl nods his head still hugging me. Rick and I were worried about telling him I was pregnant but he took the news well. He was happy to have a baby brother or sister.

"I'm gonna talk to Hershel. I'll come help with dinner later." Rick says giving me a peck on the lips and messes Carl's hair.

"Let's go kiddo." I said grabbing the supplies Rick got for dinner and grabbing his hand and made my way back to the house. I knock on the door before walking in.

"Maggie? Beth?" I shout as I walk in the kitchen. No one seems to be home. I put the bag on the counter and hand Carl a carrot and a peeler.

"Are we making your famous pasta?" Carl asked.

"Yup and I'm making a lot so we'll have leftover for days." I said getting him excited.

"If you have a girl, can you name her Judith and if it's a boy Carl Jr." he says making me chuckle.

"Okay but you have to peel more than 7 carrots." I said with a smile. He nods starting to peel. I start cutting up vegetables before cooking the spaghettis.

"What smells so good?" Maggie walked in.

"Elena is making her famous pasta. You'll love it." Carl says eating some left over carrot.

"I can't wait to try it. Need help?" She asked.

"Yes please. My little helper is taking a long break." I said looking at Carl.

"What? I have tiny hands." Carl says with a shrug. Maggie helped me with the rest of the vegetables as Carl sat on the counter eating.
We were almost done when Andrea came in looking pissed off.

"You okay?" Maggie asked nicely but Andrea gave her a dirty look.

"Carl can you go get Beth and put the table?" Maggie says as I help Carl get off. Carl ran out before I turn to Andrea.

"You have Rick, Shane and now a baby" Andrea says clenching her fists together.

"I don't have Shane." I said watching her.

"Apparently you do. Don't you think it's fair for Rick? I mean Shane is his best friend." Andrea says making me laugh.

"Do you give signals to Shane when Rick isn't around?" Andrea is sounding jealous. Wait she likes Shane?