Chapter 19

Rick P.O.V

"We have to find the others." I said feeling my heart race. I'm thinking the worse. What if Elena and Carl got hurt or bit.

"Hershel and Beth stay here while we go inside." I said looking at Glenn and Daryl. They nodded and we were about to go back inside when Maggie starts yelling.

"Rick! Dad! Elena needs you!" Maggie hands were bloody.

"What happened? Is she bit?" I ran up the stairs and looked at her.

"No she had the baby but passed out. She's not looking well." Maggie managed to say with tears running down her face.

"Get Hershel to Elena. Glenn and I will clear the cells from the walkers." Daryl says putting his hand on my shoulder. I help Hershel up the stairs as I follow Maggie to the boiler room.

"Dad!" Carl held the baby looking afraid. Elena looked bad. Pale and dark bags under her eyes.

"Is she going to be okay Hershel?" Carl has tears running down his face

"Yeah she's not losing blood. Her blood pressure must have gone down with the pushing. We need to get her out of here." Hershel says checking up on her. Maggie grabbed the baby from Carl and held her tightly.

I pick Elena up softly. Glenn came running in.

"You can bring her back to the cells. The walkers are dead." Glenn says out of breath. I follow Carl back to the cells and lay her down on the bunk bed.

"We'll keep an eye on her." Maggie says giving Hershel the baby and he checked the baby and smiled.

"Congratulations Rick. It's a baby girl."

"She's gorgeous." Beth says from beside me. I grab her and she had her eyes open. I kiss her forehead before turning to Carl.

 I kiss her forehead before turning to Carl

"You did a good job Carl. Got any ideas for her name?" Carl smiled and took out a piece of paper from his pocket.

"Elena and I were working on names for girl or boy. She really liked Judith Rose Grimes. Rose after her mom." Carl handed me the paper and I chuckle.