Chapter 8

"Elena is dad okay?" I look away from my book. I asked Glenn to find a couple of novels. It helps me sleep at night and Carl likes it when I read to him.

"Of course he is Carl. He found us and he won't leave us now" I smile as he nods. He got up and sat beside Sophia.

"How is he?" I ask Carol who was staring back at her tent where Ed was.

"He's okay. But he doesn't want to come out" she says sadly. I would be happy if my abusive husband got beat up.

"Better for us. We don't get to see his ugly face." I mumble but she heard me. She got up and walked to the RV. I should keep my mouth shut. Rick always would say to think before you say anything.

"We should start a fire. Its getting cold." Shane says to me but I kept my eyes on the book. He sighed and walked towards Dale. He thinks just because he helped me with Ed yesterday we're in speaking terms.
Shane and the rest talked among each other. Carl was sitting beside me watching the fire.

"Remember when we made that fire with your dad?" I whisper to Carl. He chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah he almost set himself on fire. Instead of helping him you laughed." Carl smiled.

Shane stared at us with a small smile. I gave him a death look.

"I'll be back" Amy says getting up but Andrea stopped her.

"Where you going?"

"Washroom. Wanna come see me pee?" Amy smirks. Andrea shook her head and watched Amy walk to the RV.

"The guys are taking long" dale says what I think we were all thinking.

"I hope they didn't find Merle" Andrea says.

"Don't say that. Merle may be an ass but he's the only family Daryl has." Everyone looked at me.

We hear Amy screaming in agony.

Andrea turns and, horrified, sees the attack. Everyone who hears the scream turns and looks. More walkers come from behind the R.V.

Everyone panics and gets up from the fire.

"Elena!" Carl yelled.

"Carl it's okay" I hold carl close to me. Carol grabs Sophia. Shane grabs his shotgun and cocks it.

Many of the others scatter in different directions.

"Elena, get him down!" Shane yelled standing between us and the attack. He points the gun to the walkers and starts shooting.

Jim hits one down with a baseball bat. Dale has his rifle. Carol shelters Sophia behind him. Two walkers tear into a man, they begin to eat him alive. Nearby Morales takes a walker down with his baseball bat.

Even though I'm holding carl, Carl panics and screams. Sophia and Carl shelter behind Shane.

"I'm right here. Shane, what do we do? Shane?" I yell at him.

"Follow me!" He screams as we follow close behind him.

Jacqui, baseball bat in the air, stands by Dale as he continues to shoot walkers. A second walker bites Amy in the neck. Amy screams in pain. Andrea runs to her.

"NO! NO!" Jim hits Amy's walker and it goes down. Andrea crawls to Amy.

"Oh! Oh! Oh God! Oh my God!" Andrea cries.

"Help me." Amy groans.

"Oh God, I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do." Andrea began to cry. Amy lies on the ground in pain. Andrea stays with her. She tries to stop the bleeding from her neck.

All around us people are screaming, some are killing walkers and some are being eaten.

Shane leads Carl, Carol, Sophia and me away from the walkers.

"Come on. Come on. Stay close!" Shane says to us.

"Stay close!" He yells again as I grab carol by the arm and pulled her close to me.

"Come on, Y'all! Work your way up here!" Shane saw Morales Near the campfire. Morales hits another walker with his bat. His family shelters behind him.

He keeps hitting walkers as they close in on the group at the R.V.

"Stay behind me! Morales, work up here!" Shane yells.

"Get behind me! Come on!" I see Morales and his family stand behind me.

"Let's go! Come on; Make your way to the Winnebago!" Shane says as
Rick, Glenn, T-Dog and Daryl run into the camp. There are still over a dozen walkers. With their shotguns they start clearing the threats.

When their shotguns are empty they keep killing. Rick with his colt, Daryl with the butt of his gun.

"Lena! Carl!"

"Dad!" Carl cries as he jumps into his dad's arms.

I felt the sobs come out relieved to see rick. Shane watches Rick and Carl. Morales holds his baseball bat ready. Jim walks through the camp. Daryl looks around for more targets. T-Dog, still keyed up, searches for more walkers to kill.

Glenn panting and almost hysterical, does the same.

We watch the scene before us.

Andrea holds Amy who lies on the ground bleeding and dying.

"Shh shh shh. Oh, Amy."

"I don't know what to do, Amy" Amy looks like she wants to talk. She puts her hand up to Andrea's cheek and caresses her sister with her fingertips. She gasps for breath then Amy's eyes close and she dies.

"No Amy please don't go! Don't leave me!" Andrea cries hugging Amy dead body.

Rick holding Carl and, still clutching the shotgun, with his other arm around me sees Amy die and Andrea grieve. He lets Carl down to the ground. Andrea is bent over her, unable to contain herself. She gently shakes Amy as if she was sleeping.

"It's okay Lena. I'm here" rock whispers wrapping his arms around me. I felt the tears fall down.

{{told y'all I was going to upload again :) comment what you think? I'll post again. I need to finish this story}