She's Like a Sister to Me

{For You / Young Prince Era}

I had arrived at my childhood best friend, Morris, house yesterday evening

I had arrived at my childhood best friend, Morris, house yesterday evening. My mother sent me here for the summer since she was gonna be traveling for her job the whole time and she didn't want me to be alone. It was a very nostalgic ride to his house being that I haven't been here since I was like five years old.

Morris and I were setting up his drum equipment because he had his band coming over for a rehearsal and he kept rambling on about God knows what, my ears were about to fall off from how talkative he was being.

"Morris, you know I love you dearly but can you please shut up!" I groaned which made him throw a drum stick at me, my jaw dropped before I picked it up and whacked him on the head.

"But, when you come in here runnin' your mouth about them little shopping sprees I don't say nothin' " he murmured under his breath, my eyebrows raised at his comment before I started to hit him again.

"Jesus, woman, stop hittin' me." He shouts while trying to fend off my vicious attack, I finally stop after he punched me in the arm. My eyes widened as I rubbed the spot his knuckles came in contact with before turning to see him sitting behind his drum set, I crossed my arms childishly as I poked my bottom lip out.

"I'm telling on you."

"We're not little kids anymore, go ahead and tell my mama I don't care!" He remarked while playing a sample of a song repeatedly trying to perfect it, I arched an eyebrow at him before turning to walk into the house.

"Wait, I was just playin'." He says after I got ready to grab the doorknob, I shrugged my shoulders and continued my journey until I felt Morris yank me back.

"Get off me so I can go tell your mama, since you don't care!"

"I was just kidding, stop being childish." Morris shouts while struggling to keep me still, I gasped loudly as he started to tickle me. My body convulsed against his as his fingers danced across my stomach with bad intentions, I heard the door open creek open causing Morris to release me immediately.

"See, I told y'all Morris had a girl." A tall and lanky dark skin boy says, a zebra print guitar was gripped in one hand as he looked us over. He was followed by a woman with frizzy blonde hair, a boy with spiky chestnut hair that was being held away with a white bandana, then another boy came in who was shorter than most of us in here, he had a large afro and a caramel colored guitar that had a small path of leopard print on the front.

"She's not my girl, she's a childhood friend Andre, don't be disgusting." Morris seethed, everyone laughed at his response except for me.