Unfair

{Batman Era}
Smut: TOTALLY NSFW

I twirled the jet black ink pen between my fingertips trying desperately to stay focused. Not that what was being said did not interest me, it was solely the person who was speaking. My boss, Prince, had a voice that was heavenly in fact every word that rolled off his tongue made my knees weak.

My lips pursed when I sneakily peeked at my watch, the meeting still had twenty five minutes to go. As I huffed internally I felt a pair of lingering eyes and I knew exactly who they belonged to. I tried hard to ignore her practically glaring at me noticeably before she went back to eye-fucking our boss. I couldn't stand this ditzy blonde woman.

"And to conclude the meeting with what all of you have desperately waiting for--" Prince began in a cryptic voice putting me on edge, "I'm gonna announce the new head of the department."

Muffled cheers escape the workers who surround the oval table causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. His tawny orbs flicker around the table slowly, everyone tenses visibly, I sucked in a sharp breath when his eyes landed on me. Prince gripped the leather seat he was standing behind in his large hands, the gold rings on his fingers twinkled.

I've seen him play guitar before in his office. They were like magic on the fret, his fingers swiftly plucking strings with ease, the facial expressions he made when he got into. My mind couldn't help but think about the things those slender fingers do.

"Ashley Walters, Congratulations on becoming head of the department." He says with a knowing smirk as the blonde bimbo smiles, I felt enraged as I snapped out of my lustful thoughts.

"No fucking way!" I exclaimed with the utmost disbelief causing every head to turn.

Prince's taut lips were pouted as he arched a domineering brow at me, I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment as he scolds me visibly.

"Everyone is dismissed. This meeting is over."

Immediately all of us collectively exit the spacious room, I hurriedly scrambled to my feet with my belongings and notes. The journey to my office was anything but quick, everyone was just as upset as I about not getting the position, so everyone crammed together to gossip.

As soon as I reached my tiny office I slammed the door shut behind me. I was fuming. I have been working my ass off for the past three months for that promotion just to see it given away. In fact he complimented me on how hard I'd been working for him and I just knew I was going to be rewarded.

"What a load of bullshit!" I shouted whilst placing my belongings down, "He really just gave away my position."

I paced back and forth whilst placing my hands on my hips, my head hung low as I pieced together where I could've went wrong. All I could think of is the time I was late from lunch break but that can't be right because Ashley is late almost every morning.

"I bet he's fucking her--that high-heeled wearing, guitar playing asshole." I muttered, "He could've made it less obvious for the sake of other people's feelings."

I scoffed, "Who am I kidding, it would've still been obvious. What kind of person promotes a girl who's only been working here for a month over people who've worked here for years?"

"The kind of person who signs your paycheck every month." My head immediately snaps up to find my boss staring at me with dark cryptic eyes, his arms were crossed over his chest as he approaches stealthily.