Holiday Spirit

{Sign o' the Times Era}
Smut: Not included.

Two weeks before Christmas and I still didn't have the perfect tree

Two weeks before Christmas and I still didn't have the perfect tree. Pushing a cobalt buggy through aisles, weaving through families and trying to listen to Prince complain about being in the store this late.

"Honestly, you should've just let me pick out the tree and the decorations." He mutters as he brushes past a husband and wife with their new born child.

As soon as I went to reply, I noticed that he had stopped to interact with the child. Her wide emerald eyes focused on Prince as he made all types of faces to evoke laughter from her, I watched the scene with a wide grin.

 Her wide emerald eyes focused on Prince as he made all types of faces to evoke laughter from her, I watched the scene with a wide grin

"Good evening madame." Prince greets in a posh accent as if she could respond, her legs kicked beneath her fuzzy blanket excitedly causing her parents to turn around.

"Oh, how cute, she likes you." I cooed, the parents of the adorable rosy cheeked infant smiled at the sight of Prince making her giggle uncontrollably.

"Now don't give your parents trouble tonight; they look exhausted." Prince takes the initiative to get her to do some crazy handshake he came up with on the spot, I face-palmed at the sight of him.

"Let's go, Prince." I managed to get out between my laughter, "We have to get a good Christmas tree."

At the mention of the original reason we showed up here, he appeared at my side and I knew he was back into 'Prince Land'.

"You're not picking out the tree this year." I state with a roll of my neck, the side of my face was being pierced by his amber eyes.

"And why is that?"

December 13th 1984

"Baby?"

I wiped my hands on my apron to rid my hands of extra flour. My hands worked to untie the apron from my waist so I could meet Prince halfway with the decorations. We had spent all day decorating and all that was missing was the tree.