Crash

~Chapter 1
-Rose's POV

***

I'm usually scared of flying. As in, airplanes and stuff, but being in the TARDIS has something I have become so used to I no longer feel scared. So that is why today as me and the Doctor depart for our rather mundane, if the Doctor would admit it, holiday to America, I don't have a single nerve in my body screaming at me to jump right of the plane. The Doctor had protested and said the TARDIS was a much better, and safer, mode of transport for our desired holiday, but I persuaded him to go on a holiday which was more....human. In the end he gave in because it was all "good experience". I've not been on a holiday for so long, not like this anyway. I remember as a child I took a holiday with mum to France, and she was so scared on the plane she didn't want to come home, so she closed her eyes tight shut the whole hour and a half flight back, and we never went on holiday again. That is, excluding our yearly trips to Cardiff bay.

Feeling inquisitive, I peer out the window as the plane begins to move. Like an excited child I turn to the Doctor "look, we're moving" I say. He grins and takes a look outside. Obviously I won the argument of who gets to sit by the window, but we agreed it would only be fair if the Doctor got the window on the way back, which I said I would be okay with, not mentioning the fact the way home will be dark so you won't be able to see a thing anyway. He takes my hand as we begin to take off and I squeeze it, sitting back in my seat and sucking on a cherry sweet so my ears don't block.

"How do you humans sit still for so long?" Asks the Doctor 2 hours into the 9 hour flight.
"Hmm?" I say, peering over my magazine and turning to face him.
"I've watched a film already, and I'm bored"
"You sound like a kid Doctor" I laugh. He smiles.
"The TARDIS would've been so much easier" he says.
"Yes, but this is human, and this is what we do. So accept it" I smile. He snorts but just then a hostess comes along the isle with a big trolley full of food and drink. The Doctors eyes light up and I roll mine, turning back to my magazine. This is going to be a long flight.

***

Everything was going perfectly until 4 hours into the flight. A loud beeping sound comes from all around us, and the air hostesses all have a look of horror on their faces.
"What's that?" I say to the Doctor over the people who are panicking and are talking loudly.
"I don't know" he says, going to reach for his sonic screwdriver, but then realising he had to put it in the suitcase because security wouldn't allow it. I'm surprised they even allowed it in there to be honest. It is then when I start to panic, what was actually going on? The Doctor squeezes my hand and goes to unbuckle his seatbelt, but an air hostess stops him.
"Please sir! Stay seated!" she says over the loud noise. I cover my ears to block out the excruciating sound, and the Doctor resumes his seat. Just as he's about to say something to me, the pilots voice sounds through the intercom.
"This is an emergency, I repeat, emergency. Please all take up the brace position. I repeat, the brace position" panic rises up inside me, and the Doctor and I share a terrified look. I haven't seen him so vulnerable and scared in a long time. "Put your head in your lap and cover your head with your hands" he says. Even the air hostesses can't demonstrate as they are instructed to take their own seats. The plane is shaking violently now, and I feel it begin to tip.
"Rose, I'm so sorry" the Doctor says quickly. I feel tears forming in my eyes, this is it.
"I'm sorry Doctor, this is my fault-" He shakes his head, pushing us both down into the brace position. After all those years of worrying what my death would come to, it's this.

We suddenly begin falling, and everyone is screaming and shouting "I love you's". I try to speak but nothing comes out. We're falling so fast out the sky now, but my eyes are closed tightly shut as I'm crying through everyone's screams. Something sounds through the intercom about water, but I can barely hear them. The Doctor squeezes my hand and says something in my ear frantically.
"Water, hold my hand, and kick. We can make it" there's a pause where everything goes still, and the sound of everyone around me seems to disappear, but I keep my head in my lap with my hands over my head, and my eyes clamped shut. I feel the Doctor push himself closer to me "Rose Tyler, I-" but I can't even hear his last words to me as we fall out the sky and into somewhere I know we won't ever see. This is the end.