Raft

OMG so I've just finished reading Me Before You and the sequel "After You" it's so heart wrenching and I just can't. Then SORRRY for not updating yesterday, ITV's Victoria has had me hooked and I haven't been able to stop watching it. Jenna just kills me with her amazing acting and utter perfection. And then yesterday I watched Finding Dory in the Cinema and omg it was so good (personally I preferred Finding Nemo but it was still amaizng). So yeah thought you'd like to know that. Sorry if this chapter is crappy (next one will be better, I promise) like even the title is bad what evennnn. I'm just so tired and need to sleep.
Ella :))

***
~Chapter 11
-Rose's POV

"Let's build a raft" Justin proposes the following evening. Me and the Doctor both look up from our mango. We'd talked little that day as the heat had been intense, and with out current situation the atmosphere was already quite down.
"What?" I say, looking directly at him.
"Well, it's gotta be our only way outta here" he shrugs.
"No. They'll find us. Won't they, Doctor?" I look at him. He stares into space, not looking at anyone "Doctor?"
"He has a point. It's already been five days and we've seen no planes circling the area."
"You think no one will come?" I say.
"It's not that" he looks at me now "They might. But we may as well start a back up for...."
"If they don't" Justin says, taking another bite of his mango. I am begging getting sick of the bitter sweetness of the orange substance now.
"But can't we just write a big SOS sign or something? Like, on the sand?"
"We could, but the tide could easily wash it away" the Doctor says.
"It's worth a shot" Justin looks out to the darkening sky "We can do it tomorrow morning whilst the tides out."
"What do you purpose we build his raft out of? And where would we even go?"
"Wood." Says the Doctor "And we'd go until we find land."
"I can make a vine out of leaves and twigs that can act as a rope" Justin suggests. I raise an eyebrow. "What? My parents were big on me doing the Boy Scouts" I smile at him but the Doctor looks unamused, and avoids Justin's eyeline. They haven't talked much at all since we had come back off the rock last night. It's as if they have formed some mutual grudge against each other within the last 24 hours.
"So tomorrow we write a big SOS sign and build a raft" I say.
"Sounds like a plan" Justin says "We're gonna need more clothes"
"Not gonna lie I reek" I say, self consciously smelling my ripped Rolling Stones travel t-shirt.
"There's not exactly going to be any shops around here. And besides, I like my suit" Says the Doctor, straightening his tie.
"Yeah I'm not going all Adam and Eve style" I pitch in.
"We could make some" Justin shrugs.
"Admit it Justin that was a crap idea." My voice sounds teasing as I lean back against my hands.
"True" he laughs "Let's just take it in turns to go down to the sea and wash our shirts and pants."
"Are pants American for trousers?" I say quietly with a smile, looking over at the Doctor.
"Yep" he pops the "p".
"I can hear you!" Justin laughs.
"Fair enough" I turn back round.
"Let's do it now...whilst it's dark and no one will see" Justin says.
"I'm going to pretend that didn't sound seriously dirty and go down first" I say with a grin. I leave my half-eaten mango on the side as I stand up and brush invisible crumbs from my top.
"And that didn't sound dirty either?" Justin raises an eyebrow flirtatiously.
"You need to eat" the Doctor says to me, quickly changing the subject "Why doesn't Justin go first?"
"S'fine, really" I give him a reassuring smile.
"Are you sure-"
"I'm fine"
"Be careful" he says, knowing he should just let me go.
"I'll be back in a minute" I walk out the cave and look up at the moon. The sand is still war, beneath my feet from today, and I pray that the sea will be just as warm.