Cold Hands

We're reading Lord of the flies in English and the moment and I keep thinking of this fanfic :') enjoy a pointless fluffy chapter, because there may not be another for a little while.
Ella:))

***

~Chapter 13??
-The Doctor's POV

I sense her shivering before she's even awake herself.
Rose is led on the stone floor beside me by the last flames of the flickering fire. Justin is led the other side, only in his boxer briefs (Possibly both an attempt to seduce Rose and also to seriously piss me off even further). Both me and Rose changed back to our wet clothes in hope they would dry on us whilst we slept, but that obviously wasn't working even with the humid air around us. I probably would've been thinking straight if my mind had been somewhere other than throwing Justin out into the sea. Or worse. I gently tap Rose's shoulder so that her eyes drift open.
"You're freezing" I whisper. I'm tempted to speak louder and wake Justin, but I know that might just cause further argument so I keep my voice low.
"I am?" She keeps her voice low and shuffles around a bit "Oh yeah, I am" she half laughs.
"We should probably take our clothes off" I say. She raises an eyebrow in the dim light.
"Sorry - not like that, I didn't mean-"
"I know, s'fine" she smiles "But...why?"
"The clothes aren't dry yet, the cold sea water is still on them. It's making your body temperature lower than it should be." I say, sitting up. Rose copies, hugging her knees.
"What about you?"
"I've certainly dropped a a couple of degrees too - but my body temperature is already lower than yours." I say. She nods and I stand up, extending my arms for her. She takes them and let's out a yawn.
"I'll go over here and you can go over there to change?" I suggest.
"Why don't we just stay by the fire, it's warmer" Rose suggests. She's sees me hesitate "Come on, Doctor. It's fine, not like it's anything you haven't seen before. Just think of it as a bikini" she shrugs.
"Sure" I swallow and turn away none the less. I swear I can feel Rose silently laughing at me from behind. We strip of our clothes and then turn back to face each other. Or rather - me turn round to face Rose. And then a flood of memories come back to me of when I was in my ninth incarnation. Those same curves, the same soft skin, and the same complexion, nothing's changed apart from a rough two pound wait loss from our five days here so far. We used to spend countless nights together back then. Still nothing more than hugging, but my old incarnation seemed more open. We'd often share a bed, Rose curling into my side and fitting against me perfectly. She'd often come to me in the night having had a bad nightmare, or needing comfort. But something had changed now, and I felt so....new. But Rose was still the same. And still goddammed beautiful. But I stop myself looking after a couple of seconds then avert my eyes. But I still see the faint blush creeping into Rose's cheeks and I again turn my gaze away immediately. Suddenly the floor has become a very interesting artefact to look at.
"Sorry. I didn't mean to stare" I say quickly, and turn away, suddenly feeling much more conscious of my new body. She's not seen me this uncovered since my regeneration.
"Like I said, nothing you've not seen before" she says. Then I catch her eye and find her staring at me, looking me up and down with a glowing look in her eyes. Then her gaze meets mine "You've changed so much" she says with a small smile.
"Well," I say in my usual tone "That is what regeneration does to you"
Rose shows a warm smile, despite her freezing temperature.
"Let's hang our clothes out for the morning" I say. So we walk and hang them on the edge of the cave by Justin's, and weigh them down with a rock from beside the cave to stop them from falling down. And then suddenly Justin rolls over and sighs, making me and Rose freeze, our gazes turned upon him. But his eyes are still closed and then he lets out a large snore. I catch Rose's eye and then we burst into silent laughter, Rose covers her mouth to stop the sound escaping.
"Not such an attractive sleeper" she laughs. I shake my head, laughing. Then I realise she's still shivering.
"Right - back to the point. Come here" I say. We lie back down and she moves close to me. We lie side by side, my arm around her, but it doesn't feel quite right.
"Doctor?" Her voice breaks the silence.
"Hmm?"
"Do you think I could...maybe roll over?" There was something strangely intimate about the question.
"Sure" I say, and move to face her. So she moves to lie flat and puts her head on my chest, just like she used to. But shortly after we've settled we both realise her knees are digging rather uncomfortably into my hips.
"Sorry" she giggles "you're much taller now"
I laugh too "Maybe this way. Just turn on your side so you're facing away. She does as I say, and then I slip my hand around her waist and pull her gently into me so I'm spooning her back. We fit perfectly in a way that's not to intimate to question what we're doing. She hums in agreement, as if sensing my thoughts. Then after a seconds hesitation I bring my hand to rest on her waist. She almost jumps a mile.
"Doctor! Your hands are freezing!" She whispers, laughing.
"Oh! Sorry" I whisper back, a grin creeping across my face. I immediately focus my energy to my hands and let them heat up.
"What're you doing?" She asks "don't tell me you can just increase your temperature?"
"Yep" I say, popping the "p". After a moment I'm done, and I carefully place my hands back on her waist.
"Warmer?" I ask. She nods, shuffling back further against me.
"Much - thanks" then she takes my hand in hers and pulls it to her stomach and we intertwine our fingers.
"Night" I say to her.
"Night, Doctor"