Small Space, Big Leap

Hi shipmates,
So I think I just properly messed up my work experience placement. Me and two friends were on our break and we were taking tons of photos for Instagram outside (as you do) and took much longer than expected. Then we came back inside and the manger came up and asked us where we were and we made up some crap excuse about having to go by period stuff for my friend Beth (why even) and then the manager had a go at us for "leaving without permission" and started shouting, and told us if we behave like children again she'll be sending us home. RIP me for the next two days I have left, please pray for me. But then again, when I told her I had to leave at the end of the day (she was busy on her computer) she smiled at me and nodded. So idk ahh.
ANYWAY.
here's the update you've all been waiting for (I hope XD)

Ella :))

***
~Chapter 24 (that's one of my lucky numbers btw, so maybe this'll be a lucky chapter ;))
-Rose's POV

"I-I'm sorry" he stutters, running a hand through his hair "I don't know what came over me"
"S'okay. Me neither" I swallow, and continue starting at my feet.
"I should probably go back to the TARDIS" his voice is quiet, his words slow.
"No" I say a little to suddenly, and I look up to catch him just as he turns "Please, stay with me."
He stays still a moment, as if trying to read my actions carefully "Okay"
So I take him by the hand and lead him into my room, and then I carefully shut the door behind us, and turning the light on. Immediately I realise what a state my room is. Tissues are lying everywhere. Empty packets, empty boxes, and crumpled ones I'd thrown off the bed late at night.
"Oh, Rose" he says, and looks at me with sadness.
"I'll just clean a bit of this up" I say quickly, and start to move around the bed, lifting all the packets and trying to clear the clutter.
"You don't need to" he says, but I can barley register him. I move faster now, lifting every bit I can and taking it over to the bin in the corner of the room, dumping it all and then going back to get more. "Rose, please-" He says, trying to come closer, but I ignore him. So many emotions are setting free, but I've cried everything out and now all that's left is a strange determination to get something done. I lost him, he came back, I'd told him I loved him...and now he won't even kiss me. I grit my teeth and throw a tissue box into the bin with a clatter before continuing.
"Stop" his voice is stern now, but it seems there's a desperation lying there. He places his hands on my shoulders to prevent me from moving. "You're scaring me"
I still don't say anything, I don't have anything to say. I just want to scream and let everything out. Instead I just swallow and bring my eyes back to his.
"Sorry" I say.
"I don't know what you keep apologising for" he says, and leads me by the shoulders to the edge of the bed "But I know we'll both have to apologise if we're any louder and wake up your mum." He says. I laugh then, and realise it's the first time I've laughed in a while.
"What's wrong?" He asks, obviously sensing my silence.
"Nothing, I just..I haven't laughed in a while" I say.
"What about Justin?" He says quietly. I turn my head toward him.
"What?"
"Justin. Haven't you seen him? You seemed to get on well" He says, and turns to face me.
"No. He's disappeared, but I've seen Albany" I say, and grab a used tissue from the bed to blow my nose.
"How is she?"
"She's fine. She's staying in the adoption centre across the road. Keeps asking where Justin is though"
"He just disappeared?"
"Yeah"
"I'm sorry" the Doctor says, and I can't help notice his jaw is slightly clenched.
"Why?" I try to figure out what he's implying, but I'm confused.
"You and him were...close. I just assumed you maybe had feelings for him, or..." He trails off, and I feel a match strike within me.
"No. I definitely did not" I say sternly. The Doctor finds me eyes.
"I'm sorry, I just thought-"
"God, Doctor!" I shout now, standing up off the bed, and he motions for me to be quiet. I swallow and refrain my posture, a quieter voice this time "How much do you want me to give you to tell you I have eyes for no one else?" I snap. He doesn't reply "I even told you, I told you I loved you. And I get it now, I get that you don't, but don't you dare pin someone else on me who I never even liked in that way" I'm shaking now, my emotions taking over me once more.
"Rose, how can you think I don't love you back?" He says quietly, getting up off the bed himself. His words slow me and I freeze to the spot. "I just thought, I really thought in fact, that you and Justin had something between you and no matter what my feelings were I didn't want to intrude."
"Feelings?"
"Rose, I-I love you. I've loved you since I first met you, I can't hide it anymore. I'm sorry about what happened. I really am." He says. I'm stunned to silence, and he walks forward, wiping a tear from my cheek I didn't know existed "Look, earlier, what I meant to say. When you told me you loved me back on the island, that's what gave me hope to carry on. Without it I never would've made it back" he says. I swallow, gazing up at him. He cups my face in his hands and my breathing increases.  And finally, after years of waiting, he closes the gap between us that looks so small but really was the biggest boundary we've ever had to cross. One small space, but one big leap. The moment his lips hit mine I feel a fire spark within me, and something begins to burn in the pit of my stomach. His actions are now fast, and he pulls me closer, his hands pushing up my back. I respond immediately, trying to  grasp every bit of him that I possibly can. I only keep one thought: he's here. Suddenly the sound of something being dropped in mum's room splits us apart, and we both turn to the door, expectant of an angry Jackie Tyler to come bustling in about the noise. But nothing follows and out eyes slowly find each other, and then we burst into a fit of laughter, and I have to cover my mouth to stop too much sound escaping.
"TARDIS?" I ask with a smile, moving closer as his head dives down and catches another kiss.
"I think" he kisses my forehead "that would be a very" he moved lower, kissing the tip of my nose "good idea" and he finally ends at my mouth. After I while I pull him back, placing my hands on his shoulders. He smiles, and then I hug him tightly.
"Doctor, thank you" I say.
"For what?" He looks confused, but doesn't move from the hug.
"Coming back to life, and for coming back to me"