Not That Kind Of Doctor

~Chapter 6
-Rose's POV

***

I awake to find no Doctor beside me. For a moment I'm startled, before I sit up quickly and look over to find him sat right there. He's crouched over a fire of burning wood which is surrounded by small pebbles, and he's holding two twigs over that fire, and pocked through the those two twigs are two cooking bananas.
"Morning" I say drowsily, sitting properly up and adjusting my top.
"Oh, hello Rose" the Doctor smiles "just cooking breakfast"
"A - where did you get those? B- since when have you cooked?"
"I found them this morning in a nearby tree, didn't want to wake you. And don't sound so surprised! I've cooked many times before, I did many courses too. One was even in Italy where I was taught how to make the finest pasta, and one in Venice! And several on planets that serve the finest food you'll ever taste!"
"I've never seen you cook properly" I raise one eyebrow, pretending to be unimpressed by his cookery training. 
"Well, Rose Tyler. Let me surprise you, because I can cook"

***

And he can. I finished the banana within a matter of minutes, and wish there was more, even though I know we should be saving our food for however long we have left here.
"I take it back, your cooking isn't all that bad" I smile.
"All that bad? Rose Tyler by the look on your face and the way you just sucked that banana off your fingers, I'd say you enjoyed it more than you want to admit" he says with a knowing smile. He had noticed I was licking my fingers? I pause and realise two of my fingers are still in my mouth, and I'm sucking away the last bits of banana. I immediately pull them out my mouth, wiping my hands on my top.
"I look like you"
"What, licking your fingers?"
"Yeah, it's like you and the jam from Chloe's house" I smile, remembering the way he had stuck gone to stick his fingers into the marmalade belonging to Chloe Webber.
"At least you stopped me" he laughs.
"Imagine what Trish would've said"
"We would've never been able to set foot in that house again"
"The whole earth would be gone!" I say.
"Just because of marmalade!" The doctor gives a laugh. I giggle too and soon enough we're laughing rather uncontrollably at something that wasn't even that funny. I wipe my eyes when the laughing has died down.
"Haven't laughed that much in a while" I smile. The doctor shakes his head.
"Me neither..." He drifts off, his eyes fixed on something outside the cave.
"What is it?" I ask, following his gaze. It is then when I see a dark figure moving across the beach, as he gets a little closer I can make out an outline. It's a young man, with torn clothes and a blood stained face, who's got a rather noticeable limp. "Who is that?"
"I don't know, but we should probably find out" the Doctor stands up, and waves to the man. The man spots him straight away, and practically falls at just the sight of someone. I stand up and watch in curiosity as he advances towards us quickly. I stand a little behind the Doctor and the man approaches.
"Oh my god! Someone's here!" He gasps.
"Rose" the Doctor motions for me to help. We climb down the rocks and help the man up into the cave.
"I thought I was the only one! My plane crashed yesterday and-"
"Wait, you were in the plane crash too?" The Doctor asks.
"I swam out but got cast to the other side of the island by strong waves." He says, and leans against the cave wall "hence my leg" he motions to his leg which has a patch of leaves obviously covering a wound.
"We thought we were the only ones!" I say, looking between the Doctor and the man. I can't help notice the mans beautiful facial features. His tanned skin contrasts beautifully with his light blue eyes, and his dark hair and muscular build only makes it better. Guiltily, I find it hard to take my eyes away from him. And he must be what...20 something?
"No, me too" he says with a little smile, holding onto my gaze. The Doctor quickly interrupts.
"So I'm the Doctor and this is Rose. And you are?"
"Nice to meet you, Doctor, that's an interesting name" he smiles, then moves his gaze to me "Nice to meet you Rose." He looks between us "I'm Justin"
"You just be hungry, do you want something?" I ask him. He nods.
"That's be brilliant. I haven't been able to get to the food in the trees because of my leg."
"What exactly did you do to it?" The Doctor asks, getting a mango from the plank of wood and handing it to me.
"Bashed it several times when being washed ashore on some rocks the other side of the island." Justin says in his wonderful American accent. I've always liked the ring to an American accent, and I'm not sure why. It's just sounds like something off a movie. "Can you help?" He asks.
"I am a doctor but not that sort" the doctor replies. I start to saw into the deep flesh of the mango with my Flint.
"What sort then?" Justin asks. I keep cutting into the mango, trying not to let it slip.
"It's a long story" the Doctor says "So you're from America?"
"Yes. I was going back after a holiday in England"
"Did you like it?" I ask, looking up from cutting into the mango.
"It was good yes, I was considering moving there this fall..but now with the crash.." He trails off, and just at that moment the mango slips from my hands and the flint cuts right down deep into the palm of my hand. I cry out in pain and drop the flint. The Doctor moves over to me Immediately.
"Are you okay?" He asks, taking my hand in his. I cry out again as he moves it.
"The cut is too deep for a bandage" he examines "you'll need stitches"
"Not that kind of a Doctor, eh?" Justin speaks up.
"Shh, working" the Doctor says quickly "Rose I need you to hold your palm out flat"
I do as he says and cry out again as the cut opens wider as I stretch my palm. "It hurts"
"I know" he says "hold still"
So I do as he says and the doctor turns my palm facing upwards, and then hovers his other hand over me. Golden light pours out and wraps itself around my hand, and within a matter of seconds the pain and the cut have vanished.
"Doctor!" I gasp "you shouldn't have done that!"
"There was no other way" he sits back.
"You said every time you heal someone that's 10 years of your life gone!"
"But I had to help you" he says firmly. I sit back, not taking my eyes of him.
"That was dangerous, Doctor" I say. Justin speaks up from beside us, we'd forgotten he was there.
"Who the hell are you two?"