If You Knew

Hey shipmates,
Sorry for the crappy chapter I published a minute ago. Hopefully this makes up for it.
But yeah so I've been thinking for a while and I kinda wanna get a YouTube channel. I mean I already have one, and I have one video from the start of the year about my "National Youth Theatre Audition Experience" which is like so cringey, but I'd quite like to do some fandom/fangirl related videos, then I've just bought a new software to edit my Mexico and NYT summer course video, and I've also got a TenRose video I made last year. Idk do you think I should do it? I know I may sound really high but I'm just really tired lmao. Plus I just started school and having three lessons of science in a day is hell. (Just going to sink into a hole of duvet and watch Victoria with Ben and Jerry's. See you on the other side)

Ella :)

***

~Chapter 12
-Justin's POV

***

I watch as Rose walks herself down the beach into what must be her version of "shadows". She gently lifts her top over her head and holds it tight whilst removing her leggings until she is down to just her bra and pants. I've know the woman for precisely five days...I can't already have feelings for her, can I? I try to peel my gaze off her, but her perfect curves in the moonlight are painfully distracting.
"Don't" the Doctor says quietly.
"What?" I say, turning round to face him.
"Don't look at her like that" he says through gritted teeth. I feel a sense of warning and intense protection in his voice.
"What is your problem?" I finally say "I've been nothing but decent to you the whole time I've been here, and you just block me out. To be honest, if you don't want me here then I'd rather you just say it."
"It's not that I don't want you here, it's that I don't like what you're doing here." He says in a low and threatening voice.
"I'm doing nothing but be helpful" I say.
"By taking Rose away when I didn't know, making me worried sick? By suggesting we make our own clothes? By then saying we go and wash our existing ones just so you can see her in her underwear?" He snaps.
"That's not what I was doing"
"Oh really" he says sternly, looking away from me.
"I was only admiring her" I say, looking back out at Rose's bent figure in the moonlight. She's at knee-depth in the sea ringing out her shirt to dry. "And it's not like she's got anything to change back into whilst that dries"
"Stop staring" he says a little louder this time "have some decency. Some people would even call what you just said perverted"
"I'm a bloke, can you blame me?" I say defensively, but don't tear my eyes away from her.
"Justin, just stop." He says with a harshness that could cut glass.
"Don't tell me you don't look at her like that too"
"I have the decency to turn away" his sharp gaze cuts through me like ice. I don't know how to respond just keep staring at him. "She's been through a lot, more than you can believe. So I really don't think you should be getting any closer to her"
"Over-protective boyfriend now are we?" I snap back, suddenly my own anger rising through me.
"I'm not her boyfriend"
"Then what's the problem of me liking her? Being into her, even? She's gorgeous, funny, and her smile is intensely infectious."
"Don't think I haven't noticed"
"Then how can you blame me?" He asks.
"I don't blame you, Justin. Not at all. But if you knew what we'd both been through, maybe you'd understand just what she means to me"
Just at that Rose appears in entrance to the cave, her wet clothes clinging to her in the shadow of the fire. "What's going on here?"
"Nothing" me and the Doctor both say in unison, fake smiles plastered to both our faces.

***

Also guys, sorry for all the AN's, but are my chapters too short? They just feel really short idk. Also, are Fanfics written in the first person bad? Because someone said that to me the other day and I started to wonder about it. I may do my next fanfic in the third person for a change, and I'm worried people will immediately stop reading my Fanfics because they're all in first person. Idk I heard some people find it grating.
Ellaaaaaaaa :)