14.) Touch

(Your POV.)

"What's going on?" I thought in my head. My eyes were closed shut. Whenever I tried to open them, they would never open. All I hear is beeping sounds from the monitor. "Hello? Is anyone there?" I thought in my mind again.

"Am.... am I alive?" I thought. I tried to speak, but my mouth wouldn't open. I mentally groan and flinched. I fidgeted in my sleep, balling my hands into fists. I suddenly heard voices inside the room.

"Doc, doc! She moved!" One of the nurses yelled out. Foot steps were heard running into the room.

"Huh? What's going on?" I thought, "who's there?" I began to become scared and balled my fists tighter.

"Calm down. It's just me, Dr. Kim," said the doctor.

My grip loosened as my fingers relaxed. "Ms. Kim? Why can't I see you? What's going on?" I thought in my head, thinking that she could hear me. I hoped that she could hear me, but I knew that she couldn't.

"Can you hear me?" Ms. Kim asked, but I didn't know how to respond. I knew I couldn't nod and I knew I couldn't speak. I also knew that Dr. Kim knew those things as well.

She held my hand.

"If you can hear me, squeeze my hand once."

I squeezed her hand once.

"You can hear me?" Ms. Kim asked, sounding astonished. "Squeeze my hands two times."

I squeezed her hands twice. I heard her let out a sigh of relief.

"Incredible," I heard her sigh. "What does this mean?" One of the nurses asked.

"That honestly sounds like a stupid question..." I groaned and laughed in my head. Dr. Kim smile grew wider.

"This means that's she's closer to waking up. This means that there's hope for her."

~

After a couple hours, the nurses have been monitoring me and making sure my breathing is still correct and that my pulse is still normal. I heard foot steps walk towards me.

"(Y/N)-sshi, you have a visitor. Now that you can hear, he will be able to talk to you freely." The nurse said. I heard her walk away and heard some other footsteps walk towards me.

"Visitor? Who's visiting me?"

I felt the bed drop from bedsides me, telling me that someone was sitting besides me.

"(Y/N)?"

I froze. That voice, I could immediately recognize that voice. "No... It can't be him..."

"(Y/N), you can hear me, right?" He asked me while grabbing my hand. He gently caresses my knuckles, just like how he always does. "No... It can't be.."

"(Y/N), if you can hear me, squeeze my hand." He says.

I complied and squeezed his hand.

He froze. "Oh my god... (Y/N) you can hear me? Squeeze my hand again if you can."

I squeezed again.

"Oh my god, (Y/N)..." he sighs out and I heard him smile. I heard him sniffle. "He's crying..."

"(Y/N), this is amazing! You can hear people and you can feel them too! This is amazing news!" He exclaimed and smiled through his tears. I felt him lean into me and he rests his forehead against mine.

"I can't deny it anymore..."

He slowly leaned into me. I felt his breath against my lips.

"It really is him... I can tell just from his touch."

I felt his lips centimeters away from mine. After what felt like years, his lips finally found mine. I wanted to touch him. I wanted to wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer.

I sadly couldn't do so. But what I gladly could do, I weakly moved my lips against his; kissing him back. I knew it was him. It was him. The man I loved.

I tasted blood on his lips. "Blood?" I asked in my thoughts. I shook the feeling away, trying not to focus on that.

He slowly pulled away and a tear drop fell on my cheek. He chuckled and wipes away the tear drop with his thumb, caressing my cheek in the process.

He also noticed blood on my lips. He used his thumb again and gently wiped the blood off my lips. He rests his forehead against mine again.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

A small smile crept onto my lips.

"I love you too, Kai."