20.) Donor

Another 30 minutes went by as Dr. Kim came rushing out.

Kai and Baekhyun both stood up immediately as the doctor ran towards them in her surgical uniform.

"I need a favor," she said as she lifted her mask down but they weren't sure to whom she was saying it to.

"What is it?" Kai asked carefully, staring at the doctor.

She sighs slightly before staring at the two males. "I need a lung donor."

"Huh? Why?" Baekhyun asked with his eyebrows scrunched up.

"We don't have time for questions right now," the doctor said while glancing at them. "It's way too sudden to find someone out of this hospital to donate a lung to her. We need to do this now."

Kai blinked and opened his mouth to speak, but someone was faster than him.

"I'll do it," Baekhyun spoke, staring at the doctor.

Kai's eyes widened. "What? No hyung you can't-"

Baekhyun stared at his younger friend. "Kai, you can't. What do you think (Y/N) will do when she finds out that you donated a lung for her? She wouldn't forgive herself."

"But-"

"Jongin," Baekhyun spoke, showing a slight smile. "I'll be fine."

Kai blinked and sighed, surprised at how brave Baekhyun was being. Dr. Kim nod and looked towards Baekhyun.

"I'll go over to send a nurse to you to get ready. Thank you," she bowed her head before leaving the two boys there.

Kai was looking down when Baekhyun glanced over at him. He smirked.

"Oh? Somebody is worried about me now?" Baekhyun asked which made Kai look up.

Baekhyun chuckled and that made Kai smile.

"Hyung-"

"Kai-"

The two boys blinked and chuckled. "You go first," Baekhyun offered.

"I'm sorry.." Kai sighed. "For everything."

Baekhyun smiled slightly. "Don't worry about it. I was being childish and I realized that it was all wrong towards you and (Y/N)."

Kai smiled. "Thank you, Hyung."

Baekhyun smiles back but was soon replaced with a serious expression.

"Kai, I have to tell you something."

~

Baekhyun was dressed in his gown and laid on the bed, lights hovering above him. There was a hair cap on his head and he exhaled softly.

"Mr. Byun," the doctor called. "Please lift up your head."

Baekhyun lifted his head to let the doctor wrap the oxygen mask around his head.

A thin piece of fabric was laid on top of him.

"Take a deep breath in," the nurse besides him said.

Baekhyun inhaled and the sleeping gas immediately took over him. He looked to the side to see (Y/N)'s lifeless body on the surface and closed his eyes, leaving his mind wander to multiple places.

~

"Kai, I have to tell you something."

Kai turned to Baekhyun. "Sure, what is it?"

Baekhyun took a deep breath in and out, showing his nervousness and anxiety.

"I know who poisoned (Y/N)."