26.) Worries

About 3 weeks later....

"Are you sure you can walk?" Kai asked, reaching a hand to my back.

I smiled and nodded. "Kai, I promise you I'm fine. I can walk on my own."

"But what if you fall over? What if you trip? What if you suddenly faint-" I pressed my hand against his mouth and raised a brow to him, making him stop talking.

"Kai, trust me a little would you?" I chuckled and opened the door to my apartment.

Kai followed in behind me, looking around my home. "I never knew you lived by yourself..."

"My parents are currently living in the states and they send me money to pay for my rent," I replied while plopping down on the couch and stretching my arms. "It feels so good to be at home again!"

"Yeah, so don't get hurt anymore." Kai raises a brow as I looked at him.

"Don't be so worrisome. I'm just glad I'm finally out of that hospital," I sighed in relief and closed my eyes.

I had just got released from the hospital this morning and Kai has been so worrisome ever since. I've been telling him to calm down, but it seems to only made him worry even more.

"I am too. I just want you to be more careful," Kai sat down next to me and stared at me.

I opened my eyes and glanced at him. "You're making it seem like it's my fault I went into a coma," I scoffed.

Kai stared at me with soft eyes and grabbed my hand, running his thumb over my knuckles. I blushed, reminiscing on the past memories while I was still in a coma.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so worried that something will happen to you while I'm not there. It makes me want to never leave your side ever again..." Kai confessed while bringing my hand up to his lips, giving my knuckles a soft kiss.

I smiled and reached to caress his cheek, his hand still connected with mine. "Don't worry, Kai. I promise you that I'll be more careful. Don't worry too much."

He stared into my eyes and smiled as well. "I'll try," he whispered before turning his head to kiss my palm.

"But before that," he grabbed my hand. "Let's go out."

"Out? For what?"

He smiles cheekily. "For a date."

~

"Wahhh! They're so cute!" I smiled happily while looking at all the animals.

Kai decided to take me to a pet shop for a date. Even if it wasn't romantic, I couldn't care less. I loved animals!

"Awh! Kai, look at this one!" I pointed to a small tea-cup dog that pounced around in its cage. I had huge heart eyes as I pressed my finger against the glass.

The small dog immediately tried to sniff my finger but was blocked off by the glass and whimpered. I pout. "Awh, you're so cute..."

Kai stared at me and couldn't help but laugh. I stared at him with furrowed eyebrows. "What's so funny?"

He shook his head. "Nothing. I just wish you looked at me like the way you looked at that dog."

"Yah, are you questioning my love for you?" I pout and shrugged. "Fine." I begin to walk away.

"Yah! I was just kidding!" Kai said to me while following behind me as I laughed while teasing him. He grabbed my hand and quickly led me to the bigger cages.

I looked around and saw a small shitzu dog, wagging its tail and jumping when I walked over. I smiled at it and walked over, bending down and reaching my hand in the cage.

The small dog ran over to me and sniffed my hand before licking my fingers. I giggled at the ticklish feeling and looked back to see Kai talking with the employee.

I looked back at the dog and pet it's head. The dog moved his head against my hand as I smiled. "I wish I could get you, but I'm broke."

I laughed as the dog whimpered, giving me its adorable puppy eyes. My eyes softened. "I'm sorry, I'll come back some day."

I stand and walk over back to Kai as he smiled at me. "Where else should we go?"

I thought. "I have a place in mind."

~

I knelt down and placed the white roses on the ground, next to the tomb. I smiled. "Hi, Ji Hyun Oppa."

I rested myself on my knees and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm sorry I've been gone for so long. Lots of things have happened during these past months, and I'm barely alive."

I laughed as Kai stood next to me, slowly crouching down to my level and smiling at the tomb stone. "Hey there, Hyung."

He took in a shaky breath. "You did it, Hyung. You saved her..." he sighed and bowed his head. "I can't thank you enough for saving the love of my life."

He grabbed my hand and placed it in his, giving it a tight squeeze. "(Y/N) is alive and well and I will do my best to protect her, to cherish her, and to make her happy. So don't worry about her, she's in good hands with me."

I stared at Kai in awe, touched by his words. I looked back down to my older brother. "Thank you for everything, Oppa. I won't come crying to you anymore and I won't come to ask to be with you anymore."

I looked at Kai and smiled as he looked back at me. I gave his hand a squeeze before turning back to my brother. "Because now, I have something worth living for."

~

"The wind feels so nice," I hummed in relaxation and dipped my feet in the water while I held my shoes in my hand while my other hand was being held with Kai's.

He smiles at me as we continue to walk. "So what college are you planning to go to?" I suddenly ask him.

I was curious to know his choices. More so if I knew if we would see each other often or not.

Kai shrugged. "I'm not sure yet. I want to enter the National University of Arts in Seoul to continue dancing, but that's just a thought."

"Why? You should totally go there, it's perfect for you!"

He chuckled. "What about you?"

I raised a brow. "Is that even a question?"

"What do you mean?"

"I haven't been to school in... how many months now?" I thought and shrugged, not caring about the number. "I'm not ever sure if I can get into college at this point."

Kai pout slightly. "I wouldn't say that so soon though."

"Why?"

He smiles. "You'll find out why soon."

"Huh? Why can't you just tell me now?"

"Because it'll ruin the surprise!" Kai laughs and used his foot to splash water on my legs.

"Yah!" I laughed and used my foot to splash him back. The water splashed on his pant as I covered my mouth, immediately making a run for it.

"Hey, come back here! You ruined my pants!" Kai shouted as I screamed. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!"

"You're such a liar!" Kai caught up to me and picked my up from behind and spun me around, making me laugh and hit his arms.

"Put me down! I'm innocent!" I laughed as Kai shook his head, heading towards the water.

"No! Kai I'm sorry!" I laughed and smacked his arms, trying to get him to release me but his grip only tightened.

I pinched his arm as he finally dropped me to me feet before I could reach the water. I laughed and splashed water at him again and him laughing.

We ended up having a water splashing battle whereas we forgotten about every single worry in the world.

I could only see us. And I was happy.

~

I'm updating quickly, are you guys proud of me? 😂

Thanks for reading guys, I love all of youuu 💕💕💕