24.) Paradise

Baekhyun POV.

I wake up in a deserted island. Well, I wouldn't call it deserted in my perspective.

It was an island surrounded by crystal clear water that represented the ocean with sand under my feet that was soft and warm. I began to walk to the water.

My feet touched the water, grazing my feet with the cold liquid. I continued walking, thinking I was going to sink to the bottom.

But my feet stayed to the top of the water.

I continued walking on top of the water, seeing birds fly under me. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up, only to see the fishes swimming around and above me.

"What the.." I mumbled out as fishes continued to swim. I looked up to see a whale swim over me. My eyes widened in amazement as the whale blocked out the sun, casting a shadow over me with his large body.

The whale passes by as I watch it swim out of sight.

"Baekhyun.." a voice called.

I whipped my head around, only to see no body. It was deserted.

"Baekhyun," it called again.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion of where the voice was coming from. My eyes wavered and I looked down, my eyes then widening.

(Y/N) stared at me with her hand against the water that separated us. She was crouched and stared at me with mysterious eyes.

"(Y-Y/N)," I stuttered. Tears would've been spilling out by now, but no tears ran down my face. We just stared at each other as she smiled.

I continued to stare.

I finally realized that we live in different worlds. She lived in a world which is reality, and I just lived in a fairytale. I constantly made myself used to believing such lies while she took in the truth.

She lives where things make sense. I live where things are abnormal, but I make myself adapt to the environment. I'm lying to myself.

I smiled back down at her, accepting the reality that finally came to me.

I can never have her to myself. You can never have a human or something that was never yours to begin with. Greed blinds us in so many ways that we are consumed by lies and dishonesty.

But now, I have accepted the reality in front of me. It's not my choice whether I can stay in her life or not.

"Baek," she smiled. "Come back."

My eyes widened as the water began to flow away, my feet no longer being able to feel the cold liquid against my skin. The fishes had suddenly turned into birds, flying all around me.

I looked down to see the fish swimming under my feet, the same whale swimming by. I smiled and looked up at the bright sun.

My reality is finally here.

"Baekhyun!"

My eyes slowly open as the ceiling light hit my eyes. I see doctors and nurses all around me, screaming. I looked over to the side to see (Y/N) being held back by three nurses.

Tears were running down her face as she tried to break free from the nurses.

"Doc, he's awake!" The male nurse said.

Doctor Kim immediately sighed in relief a she slid her face mask down. She turned to (Y/N) with a reassuring smile. "He's awake."

(Y/N) couldn't contain her tears as she sighed in relief as well, no longer struggling from the nurses as they let her go.

Flashback

(Y/N) POV.

I looked over at Baekhyun only to see the doctors and nurses surrounding him.

Dr. Kim gave the shock pads to a male nurse as she walked over to the computer. She types something down the computer while the rest of the nurses continue with the shocks.

The male nurse places the gel upon the shock pads and places the pads together, rubbing the gel around the pads.

"Clear!" The male nurse places the pads upon Baekhyun's chest, giving him a shock.

However, he remained still.

The nurse continued pressing down on Baekhyun's chest. "Come on, wake up already!"

"Hey you can't do that-"

The male nurse ignored the female nurse and removes the pads from Baekhyun's chest. He quickly placed them back in Baekhyun's chest, making Baekhyun cough harshly.

Blood spilled inside Baekhyun's face mask as the other nurses pulled the male nurse away.

"Why did you do that?!" They yelled.

Doctor Kim looked back over and widened her eyes. She pushed the male nurse out of the way and checks his pulse. "He still has a pulse, keep him on check."

The male nurse just stood to the side and said nothing.

I felt something bolt inside of me.

He could've killed Baekhyun.

I removed my oxygen mask and forced myself out of the bed. I walked over to the bed and yelled, "You could've killed him!"

The nurses looked over at me and ran to me. "Miss you can't be up yet-"

"You could've killed Baekhyun!" I yelled as I jumped for the male nurse but the three nurses held me back.

"Miss please calm down."

"No! That man could've killed my best friend!" I screamed, trying to get out from their hold. I wasn't going to let that man slide.

"Let me go!" I screamed and struggled in their grasps. However, they only tightened their hold on me.

I saw Doctor Kim move in front of me, blocking the view from my sight as she pumped his chest. Tears ran down my face.

"No!" I screamed. "Baekhyun, come back!"

I sobbed as I tried to get out of their hold towards Baekhyun. Towards the ons who was always there for me. Towards the one who I trusted as a brother.

"Doc, he's awake!"

I looked up at Doctor Kim's back, seeing her tense back muscles finally relax as she removes her face mask. She looks over at me and shows me a smile. "He's awake."

I looked over at Baekhyun and see his eyes slightly opened. I sighed in relief and felt my legs give out. The nurses finally let my go as I fell to the ground, one of the nurses helping me up.

I couldn't help but smile.

He was saved.