8

Luke's POV

Leia, after a few minutes of us cuddling, falls asleep in my arms. She looks adorable when she sleeps. With her slow breathing and soft snores, I can't help but smile.

She's definitely the most beautiful creature I've ever laid eyes on.

I gently and slowly run my hand up and down her arm. She hums softly and smiles in her sleep.

As much as I want to be with her right now, I know that she needs time. She just got out of a relationship with my idiot brother. We need to take things slow, but I know that if we were together, I wouldn't even want to look at another girl.

Leia is perfect.

********

It's been about two hours since Leia fell asleep and she is finally waking up.

Or, at least, that's what I thought she was doing.

All she does is turn her body.

I look around her bedroom. There are Star Wars posters, posters for bands I didn't expect her to like, such as All Time Low, Green Day, Blink 182, etc, and in the back corner of the room is something else I didn't expect to see, a guitar.

I carefully get off the bed, making sure I don't wake Leia up. I walk over to the guitar, pick it up, and strum it quietly. It's perfectly in tune, so she must play it often.

I wonder if she has the same passion I do.

I start playing a song that I've been working on for a while now. It may or may not be about my situation with Leia.

Once I've played the intro, I started singing the lyrics I wrote:

Back in high school we used to take it slow
Red lipstick on and high heel stilettos
Had a job downtown working the servo
Had me waiting in line couldn't even let go

'Cause I never wanna be that guy
Who doesn't even get a taste
No more having to chase
To win that prize

You're just a little bit out of my limit
It's been two years now you haven't even seen the best of me
And in my mind now I've been over this a thousand times
But it's almost over
Let's start over

"You play?" I suddenly hear a voice say.

I flinch, almost dropping the guitar.

She giggles. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you."

"It's fine, and I could ask you the same question, plus some others. I had no idea you even listened to this type of music," I say.

She smiles and nods. "Not a lot of people know about my music tastes or how passionate I am about playing it. Actually, only two other people know. My mom and dad."

When I think about it now, I realize that she's never really mentioned her mom before.

"Where is your mom anyway?" I ask.

She looks down, avoiding my gaze. "Uh, let's not talk about her..."

I nod. "I understand."

She finally looks at me, but her eyes are wide.

I give her a confused look. "What?"

"You understand? You're not going to push me into telling you?" she asks.

"What? Of course not. Why would you even ask that?"

She looks down and mumbles, "Because Jack did."

I put the guitar where I found it and sat next to Leia on her bed.

"I am nothing like my stupid brother, okay?"

"Okay. Thank you, Luke," she says and kisses my cheek.

_______________________________________

I'm so sorry that I took so long to update!!! I've been so busy and uninspired lately and I finally came up with this and an idea for the rest of the story!

So, I'm letting you all know that I am in fact not dead, and again, so so so sorry for taking so long!!

Please comment what you think of this chapter and I will post chapter 9 as soon as possible 😊