Elizabeths POV

Jade: "So tell me about yourself."
Elizabeth: "My name is Elizabeth, I am 14 years old and bisexual. Or pansexual, haven't figured that out yet."
Jade: "What's it like being bisexual?"
Elizabeth: "What is it like? Well I don't know what to compare it to considering I've always been bi. When I was little, I knew that I liked boys and I liked girls and that I was only "supposed to" like boys. But that changed very quickly when I started attending the UU (unitarian universilist community church thing). This attendance gave me people to look up to at the age of 8 and I learned very quickly that I would still be loved even though I liked girls. It was awesome. Those people I looked up to told me I could like them both, and some are also bi, so that helped. "
Jade: "Have you ever been judged or despised for being bi?"
Elizabeth: "Not alot. I mean there have been a few people who are currently convinced I am going to hell, but at least i can torment them while I'm there so. The only instance I have had with is is some people's parents and a few people who I thought were friends. But I more or less kept my chin up and tolerated their bullshit."
Jade: "What was your reaction about the mass shooting in Orlando?"
Elizabeth: "I was unhappy initially. I was confused as to why the guy was labeled terrorist right off the bat and I was confused as to why he did it in the first place. It is mental illness, regardless of what the media says, but he killed 53 (?) People. That is 53 mothers without a child. 53 phone calls home from the hospital saying they weren't going to or didn't make it. That is 53 funerals, and countless parents calling their kids hoping, wishing, praying they are still alive. And then there is the idea that some of those people were not out of the closet. That the only way their parents knew who they really were was on their deathbed. And that hurts, the idea that people in the 21st century cannot be themselves without getting shot, or being threatened. That hurts alot."
Jade: "If you had the power, what would you change about the situation the LGBTQ+ community is in?"
Elizabeth: "If I were in a poison of power, I would set up bills to make equality as real as we all dream it is. They may not pass the first time, but I would try again. I would do this in the most legal and moral way possible, few peaceful protests here and there, nothing to fancy, just enough to get the eye of the government."
Jade: "What you said will probably give people a lot to think about. Thank you for letting me interview you."
Remember if you are part of the LGBTQ+ community and want to be interviewed private message (pm) me and I will interview you. I will not use your full name/ real name if you do not want me to.